He did so good last night. He must have really liked this nurse cause he let her do vitals all night without screaming or trying to attack her. They came to draw blood this morning and he screamed through that, but still laid real still. And he immediately stopped crying when I offered him a drink of Sprite!
FYI...
Blood levels: Low = BAD
Kidney Levels: High = BAD
The nurse came back in about a half hour ago and said his Hematocrit level dropped to 18.8 which makes him critical for another blood transfusion. When they gave the transfusion last time it was 20.1 so it's even lower this time. The resident will be around in the next little while to make the order.
It looks like the kidney levels have finally reached their peak. Today's the first day they are headed in the right direction. His Phosphorous also went down, still high, be did go down some. Some good news this morning. Although they are not in normal range yet, we hope to make it there sooner than later!
Dr. Nelson did say that his kidney's may turn around and be just fine and the blood issue might be what keeps him here... hopefully this transfusion will do the trick.
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Long story short...I am a friend of Shara's and I used to read your blog every now and then. I am a stay at home mom of 4 kids ages 4 and under...I like to read about the interesting lives of others...can you blame me?
Anyway, i haven't been around to read in awhile cause I thought you went private...maybe cause Shara did. Not that you knew I was lurking, but I Was. I enjoy hearing about your boys and how similar they are to my own. If we lived in Utah, they would be best of friends. But we're in WA.
Now that I know what an ordeal your are enduring, I want you to know that I'll be praying for your sweet little boy. And, I'll not stay a secret anymore!
Best wishes -
Jessica
thesmithcakes.blogspot.com
So glad to hear a "tidbit" of good news. You are in our thoughts and prayers constantly.
When Larson prays he says... "Please let Lucas feel better so he can go home with his family." He says it so sincerly because he really can't imagine being away from family for this long. I tried to explain that they have beds for you to stay with him, but he just knows that HOME is where everyone wants to be especially if they don't feel good! :)
Hang in there!
Hugs and Kisses to you all!
Katie, I am glad that the good news is still coming, even if it is just a little at a time.
we love you all so much.
Post a Comment