We're still here!
The pain is gone in his stomach and the diarrhea has stopped. If we can get two stool samples that are negative for the toxin then he'll be isolation free and be able to leave the room for walks. Of course after they tell us this, he decides not to poop at all today! Go figure!
Last night he was literally bouncing off the walls. He was talking non stop and had the funniest things to say. He thought he'd try a running leap for some balloons, but collapsed before he could get his feet off the ground. This was his first venture out of bed and apparently didn't know that running and jumping should come after you've been on your feet more than 30 seconds in 5 days! We all had a good laugh, including him!
Jed slept at the hospital last night with Lucas. I slept at my aunt and uncles house just a few miles from the hospital. I slept so good! I don't think I moved all night. It was nice to get some rest, but I still woke up tired. I think everything has finally caught up to me and I'm draggin' a bit. Jed said he didn't get much sleep, but Lucas slept good.
When we got over this morning, Lucas was still sleeping. He looked quite white/pale and slept until about 10:00. The poor kid had to have 3 blood draws this morning. They first 2 they did from his finger and both samples clotted. The third one they finally did through the vein. He's about had it with them taking his blood. We practically have to hold him down so they can take it. His levels from this morning did not shown signs of improvement. His kidney levels are still rising and his blood levels are still dropping. He pretty much spent the day laying around and sleeping. He didn't look so great which had me concerned. They did another blood test this evening and things continue to worsen. Tonight they decided to do the blood transfusion and will start that in the next hour or so. Hopefully that will give him the boost he needs. Of course after they ordered the transfusion he decides to get all happy and talkative again!
Dr. Nelson came in the morning to discuss his kidney levels with us. At first he thought he might need the dialysis, but he's hoping to wait it out a bit and see if they start to drop on their own. He thinks the trend shows signs of peaking in the next day or so. I would rather see him get over this on his own rather than have surgery and dialysis. We'll see what the dr. says tomorrow. Even after this is all over, they'll be doing follow ups on him to make sure the kidney's are still functioning properly.
I think that's about it for today. We'll see what tomorrow brings.
Now... as you may remember. We had the ultrasound yesterday and apparently there were more of you thinking blue than pink. Our little he looks really good. Because of his position they weren't able to get a good look at his heart so they may send us back in a couple of months to get a better look at that. Were very excited to welcome this little guy to our family.
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Lucus sounds like he is in rough shape! I feel so bad for him. I couldn't imagine confining Carter to a bed or a room for 5 days. You all are probably so ready to go home. I hope you get some good news soon! I have been anxiously waiting for your ultrasound, sounds like you are making up for the lack of boys in your family! You might just be the opposite of your parents, only buckaroos! That's exciting though, they will have lots of fun together! Good luck with Lucus.
We're praying for better after the transfusion!!
...and we love our "little boy blues"...can't wait to meet #3!
We're hoping for the best after the transfusion! Congrats on another little baby boy! :) You're making quite the little team!
3 boys will keep you busy, but they'll also make you laugh lots. Hope Lucas can hang in there with all the pokes and prodding and that they'll get him feeling better soon. Our prayers are with you.
Post a Comment