Thursday, January 15, 2009

Battle Wounds

His blood levels came back a bit lower today and his phosphorous levels jumped up. I'm not giving up on Saturday, but his levels have got to head in the right direction for 24-48 hours. During his nap today his IV came completely out. Hopefully he won't need it. They'd have to redo it for the 3rd transfusion if need be and I'd just as soon he not have to go through that.

The tape holding his IV in place really did a number on his hand. So far it doesn't seem to be bothering him, but it doesn't look to good.



Most of his "pinches" have been taken from his arms and each time it causes another bruise.


Paulette stayed with him last night while I stayed at Grace & Jim's. He was excited to have a bath this morning and got to shoot the water out of syringe while soaking me and the nurse. We played in the playroom a couple of times and watched a couple movies. He's had a few visitors today which has been nice and breaks up the monotony of the day for me.

He ate really well today starting with peaches & a Sprite for breakfast, 3 chicken nuggets for lunch & some fruit loops w/milk for dinner. It's been a long time since he's eaten something for every meal.
He's definitely feeling better. It's nice to have my Lucas back.

8 comments:

Paulette said...

So glad he is eating a little. Sure love that little guy and can't wait until he is his happy self again. Love you

Denise said...

Poor little guy! Glad he's on the mend.

Haylie said...

Katie, I'm so sorry... what a nightmare. Your cute little family is definitely in my prayers.

Tawnya said...

What a brave little guy! Now please come home tomorrow!

No Buckaroos said...

He sure has been through a lot - it was fun to see you all last night again - Love you much.

Crystal said...

Oh, his little wounds are so sad! Hope you come home soon!

Kimber said...

I'm glad that Mathison and I were able to stop by for a few minutes yesterday to visit.

I hope Lucas is discharged soon!

American Falls TaVaci said...

I love that last picture. Just wondering...how's his finger???? :)