Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Holding Strong...

I normally consider myself a strong person.

I'm not one who cries when my kids get their routine immunizations since I know it's for their own good.

I may have shed a tear or two during his first dr.'s appointment last Monday when I had to watch him in so much pain and go through his first blood lab.

I did have a slight break down the day after we were admitted.

But today... I lost it... over a stinkin' wagon ride! Infection control will not lift the isolation ban and therefore he's been confined to his room... again! Until they have a stool sample they won't consider it. He wanted to go for a car ride this morning and it broke my heart that he couldn't, especially since he got to yesterday. I'm upset because he could be off isolation but because of mix up at the lab they didn't run the two samples and now there's nothing we can do until he poops again. It's frustrating, but we'll get through it.

And... I had to say goodbye to Shara today since she had to fly back to "Sharizona". I've loved having her here to keep me company and to explain everything to me. I'm sure Abby has missed having her mom. Luckily we'll get to see them again next month when there original Utah vacation was scheduled!



P.S. They started the transfusion about 10 minutes ago.

9 comments:

Chris Grover said...

i don't know how you stay so strong, katie. after all that you guys have been through these past few weeks. you are in our prayers and i really appreciate your updates on lucas -- i have been checking constantly. somehow, this will all be over soon and lucas will be back to taking rides whenever he wants. keep hanging in there.

Angie Tolman said...

I just checked your blog and found out what you and poor lucas are going through. I am so sorry!! I wish there was something I could do, all I can think of is to add you to my prayers. Good luck with the transfusion and the next tests. If there is anything, let me know.

Brooke said...

Hi Cousin Katie-
Well, it finally occured to me to look up your blog for the latest on Lucas. I've talked to both my Dad & Grandma a few times, who have been keeping us posted around here on your sweet boy. I really just want you to know that your whole family is in our prayers. My mom, sisters- we all are praying for Lucas. Glad to read pf the bits of good news here & there. Love, Brooke (hebrooker@aol.com)
p.s. I am so impressed with your photography! I've recently discovered that too. Congrats on the new baby boy on the way. Our new girl is due May 4.

Ed and Cambria said...

I just saw your blog and found out what was going on. I'm so sorry for what you guys are going through. Poor Lucas. I remember when he was born. It tears at my heart to know he has to go through this. He is a strong little boy, I can tell by photos. Our prayers are with you. We love you guys.

Tawnya said...

Sister, you are much stronger than I would or could be! It's not easy going through what you're going through and having to watch your little one in so much pain and not being able to do anything for them--trust me, I know! Let me know if you need a break or want some visitors. Tell Lucas we're still praying and that Reesie, especially, misses him!

Amy said...

Katie,we have been fasting and praying for Lucas. He's such a sweetie. It hits home that my Ryan is his age. You are a trooper. And so is he.

Jamie said...

Katie,
You are amazing. I can't even begin to understand how you feel..all I can say is I'm so sorry you guys are going through this and that we are praying for Lucas and your family. I hope he improves soon!
Jamie.

Paulette said...

Give him loves and kisses for Grandma and Grandpa. I will be there tomorrow to give you a break. Love you tons. Paulette

No Buckaroos said...

It's okay to have a come apart ever now and then - I've had several! Let me know when you need me to bring Kody down - We'll be there anytime you want. He's doing great - (he loved Jeff today!) Love you tons - give Lucas hugs and kisses for us (we have more surprises from the "lunch ladies".)