Although there wasn't a lot of change in his blood work yesterday afternoon, it still did not show any signs of improvement yet. They've already come this morning to draw more blood and I'm anxious to find out the results in a couple hours.
The Nephrologist came by yesterday afternoon to take a look at him. He's been turned over to the kidney team now and they will be monitoring everything. As of yesterday he still had a ways to go before a blood transfusion or dialysis which is always good news. His kidney's are currently performing at 50% and around 15% is when they consider dialysis. They printed out the lab results for me yesterday and in my limited medical language (and some help from Shara), I can see why Dr. N talks as if it's going down before it'll go back up. His levels for kidney function are quite high so even if they reverse themselves, it may take awhile before they reach the normal zone again.
They would like to trace the E.coli back to something, but so far, we're all drawing a blank. Between St. George for Christmas, our house for a couple of days & Honeyville for New Year's we have a lot of ground to cover. Since nobody else has been sick, it's been hard to track, especially since so much of it was shared. The case has been reported to health department and they'll be talking to me soon.
He finally ate 2 bites of Cream of Wheat and about 5 grapes yesterday. Not much, but since he hasn't taken a bite of anything since Sunday, it's an improvement. He'll only drink water and apple/grape juice and unfortunately he's not drinking much of those either. He only wants "little sips"! He's been put on a dietary restriction with low potassium & low phosphorus so his choices can be limited a bit.
It's pretty much a waiting game around here. The Dr. did say yesterday to plan on at least 3-4 more days but more likely a few more. I've requested that Dr. Nelson come see me this morning before I have to leave for my ultrasound in Provo. I'm hoping they'll follow through with making sure he does. I'd rather be here when he comes.
Thanks again for all your love and support.
Friday, January 09, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Katie- I can't even describe to you how it made me feel when I heard the news about lucas last night. We are thinking of you all, and especially that little boy. We love you.
We love you guys and are praying for all of you! Stay positive and kiss that cute little face for us! Love you!
Love you so much. Kiss you little guy for me.
Poor Lucas!! Our thoughts and prayers are with you. If you need anything let us know.
I can't even imagine what you are going through. Our prayers are with your family!
We're praying that the blood test came back okay. I love that you posted before 7 a.m.--those chairs next to the bed in the hospital are so NOT made for sleeping! I'm also relieved his kidneys are still doing so well. That's wonderful!! Get some rest and I'll talk to you soon.
Post a Comment