Wednesday, January 14, 2009

One Week, but Who's Counting

We've reached our one week mark since arriving here. I never would have thought we'd be here this long. I hope none of you ever have to go through this.

e.coli O157:H7 = bad news bears


Today has actually been the best day so far. He just barely fell asleep for the first time all day, which is pretty amazing considering the 2-3 naps he was taken prior to today. The new blood must have really made him feel good. The lab results today showed his blood levels were up which is good and to be expected after the transfusion. He kidney levels continue to go down, although the dr. made sure to point out that they are still extremely high for a 4 year old! His platelet levels are still really low, but continue to rise slowly. Everything seems to be moving in the right direction which is what we like to hear. The dr. today (our 3rd Nephrologist) thinks Saturday doesn't seem to unreasonable for a discharge date as long as his blood levels don't drop tomorrow. I'd even take Friday, but don't want to push my luck to much!

It was a pretty uneventful day, but we'll take it if it means things are getting better.

A couple funny things he said lately...

As he walks into his room last night from getting a movie he says "ahh, home sweet home". Um... lets not get to attached!

I had walk with me to the laundry room to get the laundry out of the dryer. While I'm folding the clothes he says "I'm thirsty of walkin".

6 comments:

Aaron.Shara.Abby said...

So glad things are on the mend. That little guy is a clever little guy. By the way it's platelets! I guess that's what happens when I leave:)

Denise said...

YAY!!! We are sooo glad.

No Buckaroos said...

We'll take uneventful days! So glad to see his cute little personality shining through. See you tomorrow. Love ya much.

Tawnya said...

At least he hasn't lost his sense of humor! Man, I miss the kid...come home S.O.O.N Lucas Mark! We're counting down the days.

American Falls TaVaci said...

I'm so glad things look better!!

Kimber said...

Wow, I bet you didn't think you'd be in for the long haul!

We'll try and drop in to see you guys this morning before our appointment. I'm guessing we'll be there between 10:15 and 10:30.