Yesterday his blood levels had risen a bit, which is what they were hoping for after the transfusion. They weren't in the normal range yet, but they didn't expect them to be. He looked a lot better also. He's sort of on a roller coaster ride with mood swings and I'm sure being confined to a room for 5 days hasn't helped much. His kidney levels were still slightly rising making his kidney function still low, around 35% (I think). Dr. Nelson came in and still gave us at least 3 to 4 more days. It was more of a quiet day, which was nice. Jed, Shara, Kody & I left around 3:30 for home and my mom stayed with Lucas overnight. I needed to get some sleep and I wanted to spend some time with Kody. I also needed to restock my bag before heading back to our luxury suite at the fabulous five star PCM this morning. He did have two bowel movements last night, but unfortunately there was a mix up at the lab and neither one of them was tested so he's still under isolation and they won't take him off until they get another sample. I wasn't too happy about it, but there isn't much I can do! He did eat two slices pizza and drank a can of sprite.
Today he's about the same. His blood levels did drop again so they'll be watching those and his phosphorus jumped higher. He got to go for a wagon ride this morning and his dad pushed him around in a car this afternoon. That put a smile on his face which was nice to see. He also got out of bed a couple of times to play Go Fish with Shara & I and play with some toys/books. This was good since he did it all on his own. I did have to force him to take a bath, but at least he's clean now! He's still not eating that great, but he's loving the Sprite! Hopefully his lab work will come back with some improvement tomorrow and we can begin the downhill slide to all of this. We met his new dr. today, but he didn't have much to tell us, but it still sounds like a few more days. I'm starting to wonder if we'll ever make it out of here. I'll let you know of any new news tomorrow.
After 5 days, he finally got to experience the life outside his room!
Our favorite patient & favorite nurse.

3 comments:
Yessirree! So glad he got to get out at least!
We are so glad he felt up to getting out of the room. Kiss him for us, Love you.
Katie,
I'm so glad to hear things are improving! FYI: There is a slushie machine on the 3rd floor, try giving him one of those (just ask the nurse) - if you haven't already. What kid doesn't like a sweet frozen treat? Hang in there! We'll keep praying for you!
Michele
Post a Comment