Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Random Facts about Me

Camille (Tawn's sis-in-law) tagged me a while back to post 8 random facts/habits about myself. It's taken me awhile, but I'm finally doing it.

1. I love it when I've opened a can of pop and then forgot about it, only to pick it up later and have it still feel full. Consequently, I hate it when it's gone! I'm normally not much of a pop drinker, but if it's in the house, I do indulge more often.

2. I go through spurts of not being able to fall asleep at night. It doesn't happen often, unfortuanately this is one of those weeks. It drives me crazy since I'm usually out as soon as I hit the pillow. 2 nights this week I laid in bed for over an hour (the last time I looked at the clock it was past midnight), the other nights I've taken a Tylenol PM. When I was younger (13 or 14 I think), I went through this period where I was scared to go to sleep. Every time I closed my eyes all I could see was unhappy things (war, blood, death). It was awful and I'm pretty sure I drove my parents crazy! I would get more and more anxious the closer bed time would come. My mom finally gave me some advice, and I still use it to this day... If I'm having a hard time falling asleep, I start to sing primary songs in my head and before I know it, it's morning. I do this quite often, even if I'm not having a hard time sleeping.

3. Our ward was split a couple weeks ago and I've had a hard time with it (but I'm doing better). They took 2 wards and made 3. This is the 3rd split for us in less than the 2 years that we've lived here. I guess this is what it means by stepping out of your comfort zone. We still know lots of people in the ward and we look forward to reaquainting ourselves with those from our previous ward (before the second split) who are now part of our new ward. It's good we're all still in the same neighborhood, maybe we'll get to see some of our other friends too. Change is good, right??!!

4. I'm addicted to having my lawn mowed. It gets a trim about every 3 or 4 days. I love how it looks when it's just mowed (and the weeds aren't as obvious)! Although we still have much more work to do in our yard, what is done makes me happy!

5. I have to have something heavy on my feet in order for me to go to sleep (comforter, pillow, etc.) A sheet just doesn't cut it, even if I'm hot!

6. I'm finally a permanent part-time employee for Pearson. I have been a temp employee ever since I started working for them over 2 years ago. They'd have to renew my contract every 6 months and at one point, my job was ending, but now...I don't have to worry anymore! I have the best job in the world, next to being a mom, of course!

7. One day I'd like to visit the Dominican Republic. The place I would have served my mission, but got married instead. I don't regret that decision at all, although I would've been able to speak Spanish! Jed, of course, thinks we need to visit Brazil first.

8. We own a lot of movies! I'm not much of a movie person (Jed on the other hand...), but I do like movies with happy endings. I'd have to say romantic comedies are my favorite! Just for kicks and giggles, here's a current list of some of my favorite movies. It rotates often...

1. How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days (All time favorite movie)
2. Dan in Real Life
3. Fools Gold (something about Matthew & Kate working together makes for good movies)
4. 27 Dresses
5. National Treasure 1 and 2
6. A Few Good Men (I know this is rated R, but I've only ever seen the TV edited version)
7. McLintock (favorite western)
8. Enchanted
9. Mr. & Mrs. Smith
10. Hairspray

And there you have it.... 8 random things about me.

3 comments:

No Buckaroos said...

That's awesome about your job! Fun facts!

Nathan, Mariann &Talon said...

It was fun to see you guys I'm glad we stopped by.

Crystal said...

I love this post! I didn't know most of these things about you! It was fun to chat with you on our street the other night! Your yard is looking nice! And, by the way, we have similar movie taste! I love the romantic comedies as well!