Monday, July 14, 2008

Aprons

Last week I spent a good portion of nap time and bed time sewing a couple aprons for gifts and one for the little man. We made his out of some scrap fabric that I had. I didn't have a pattern, so I had him stand still while I traced something on paper. It's not perfect and could probably be a bit wider, but he's mighty proud of it! We couldn't have it stay clean for long, so he helped me make some No Bake Cookies, and then he wanted to watch Ratatouille. Very fitting I think!

The other two aprons are for gifts. I decided to try a half apron for one of them. I kind of made it up as I went, but I love how it turned out. We have a fabric store here in Spanish with the cutest fabric ever...









Yes this is me... yes those are my slippers.... and yes, I walk on the insides of my feet!
**blurry photo courtesy of Lucas

8 comments:

No Buckaroos said...

Those are mighty cute. (slippers and all!)

The Merrell Family said...

Katie, I like your aprons, good job!

Jed, I thought it would be fun to have a fantasy football league with a bunch of guys we went to high school with. I have never been beaten and I am looking for new/better competition! Perhaps it could even turn into a "keeper" league???

Anyhow, if you are interested, the league is -

Yahoo League: 23449
Password is: abc123

-Trent

PS - Feel free to pass along the info to anyone that we went to school with that might be interested...

Tawnya said...

Very nice. I can't wait until I'm the lucky recipient of one of your special aprons. And even those slippers out, it looks like you might fall over!

Paulette said...

Cute aprons, but the cutest is the little Chef! He will have to make something for us when we come up next. Luv U

Jamie said...

I absolutely love your apron! I am so impressed. I wish I looked cute with my apron on like you. And I love Lucas' apron. Tyler would probably like that, he loves to "help" me cook and stir. Love it!

Aaron.Shara.Abby said...

Oh so cute aprons, so glad one of them is mine! Your slippers are nuts!

Nathan, Mariann &Talon said...

I love the aprons they are so cute. You are so good at stuff like that.

Crystal said...

Cute aprons! Ha ha! I thought I was the only one that wore slippers in the summer! :)