Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Nicholas Clan is Sublime...

We just got back from the Nicholas Family Reunion (July 24-26) at the Girls Home in Mantua. It was such a blast. Ellen and Boyd were in charge this year and they did an awesome job. I haven't been to the Girls Home for many years. It's a great place to have it because there is lots of grass (not a ton of shade), but the kids can play and not get as dirty, unless they play in the fire pit! The first night Lucas and Kody both slept terrible! Kody was traumatized by the tent and ended up sleeping with me both nights. I took him to the dr.* last night and he as a sinus infection. That would explain his unhappy little self.

Our Theme Song

(sung to Take Me Out to the Ball Game)
Take me to the reunion
Take me to the Girls Home
Let's bring some games and we'll play all night
Sing karaoke until morning light
Cause it's root root root for our family
The Nicholas clan is sublimeFor it's 1, 2, 3 days were here at reunion time.



Be prepared for an overload of pictures. If you want to see them bigger, you'll have to click on them.


Slip 'n Slide - best entertainment EVER!















Stick Rodeo





Each team had to come up with a brand... my team was the "Lazy 5"...not to suprising that we also came in last!

Karaoke







Random Pictures



Vay and Amber showed us how to make eclairs over the campfire...yummy!

On our way home on Sunday we stopped to visit with Grandma Great Valentine.
[*As a side note... I also learned something new at the doctor. The color of snot (green/yellow = infection, clear = cold) is false. If it lasts more than 10 days clear or not, than you should see a doctor.]

6 comments:

Aaron.Shara.Abby said...

Awww Man, it makes me wish I was there! How fun. I'll be there in two years!

No Buckaroos said...

Cute pictures - we really did have a great time (other than the first night. Glad you came.

Paulette said...

It really looks like you had fun. Family is the best. Can't wait to see you guys this weekend.

Crystal said...

Cute pictures Katie! What a fun reunion!

Anonymous said...

Oh, man we wish we could have stayed another week to be there but it just wasn't possible. I think 4 1/2 weeks away from home was long enough. But it looks like you guys had a blast!! Love the pics.

Messenger said...

I love the pictures no wonder Lucas was not too impressed with our slip in slide the other day. That must have been such a good time.