Saturday, July 05, 2008

A New Couch and An Ugly Ottoman

This past Tuesday I headed up north in hopes of purchasing a new piece of furniture (and to visit the fam). You see, my dad was employed by La-Z-Boy up until the end of June when the plant he worked at shut down (and outsourced to Mexico). He spent nearly 30 years with them (and would have had senority if I had wanted more than one couch!)



On Wednesday the plant had big warehouse sale for the once employed. Me and my dad went out to it...crazy! They were each allowed to purchase 1 piece of furniture and since mom and dad didn't need anymore, I decided to go look. After browsing the still packaged furniture with only slits in the plastic to see the fabric and a nice paper drawing of how the couch should look, I settled on a couch (with a high recommendation on fabric from dad). Brand new couch for $125... not to shabby! I also purchased a $10 ottoman, pretty much the ugliest thing you've ever seen, but I have high hopes for it's future!



Along with the furniture they had lots, and Lots and LOTS of treasures... I bought Jed a staple gun that attaches to the compressor and a rubber mallet.



Now that my dad no longer works at La-Z-Boy, he's hoping to make his B & M Boot Repair business a full time job. He's been doing it part-time for the last 8 years. He is awesome at repairing boots and shoes and can pretty much fix up anything you bring him. He also makes canvas bedrolls that keep you nice and cozy when sleeping outdoors (or indoors), especially in the cold. And...he sales Wyoming Traders men & women clothing (scarves, canvas & wool vests, coats, etc.) So, if you need any shoes or boots repaired, give him a call at 435.279.8384. You can order the other things on his new website B & M Boot Repair (it's also under the website links).





Lucas & Nappy modeling on my new prized possession!












Mom & Nappy. It is so hard to get a picture of my mom with her eyes open. She has some serious rapid, non stop blinking when the camera comes out. This is about the 12th picture and after I made her close her eyes while I counted!


We also went up to Melanie & Jim's so Lucas could play with CJ and Logan on the Gator. He had so much fun, although he's a terrible driver.

Lucas, Kody, CJ & Reese


Logan & Lucas







Jim grows a massive, beautiful garden every year. He let the kids go pick and eat some peas. He was trying to teach Lucas how to open the pods.



And here's Kody showing of his professional pat-a-cake skills!

4 comments:

Aaron.Shara.Abby said...

Lovely Ottoman! Where is a picture of the couch. I think mom could win a prize with the amount of blinks in 1 minute. Your little Kodes is sooo cute in those pictures!!

Kimber said...

Boot and shoe repair is rapidly becoming a lost art; that is so neat that your father has those skills.

As always, your pictures look awesome!!

The Perkins said...

You are always good at finding the deals...I'm with Shara I want to see a picture of the couch. Love the pirate pics!

No Buckaroos said...

Thanks for the plug! It was fun to have you here for a little bit. Come again soon.