Friday, February 08, 2008

Lets Talk Poop...

That's right...POOP! I should be embarrassed to talk about such a subject (on a blog no less). But NO...at our house it's discussed as if we are talking about the weather (which we discuss a lot these days)! We've had two different doctor's visits this week for the said topic. Two kids...both on opposite ends of the poop scale! Is there such a scale?!







This little "squirt" decided he'd had enough of being healthy! He had to go and get the Rotovirus. Which is transmitted through the tiniest particle of.... yup... you guesseder Chester! Eeww....Gross! Lucky for us, it could be worse. His symptoms started Wednesday when I noticed he had diarrhea (several clothing changes a day) and was sleeping a lot or staring off into space (not typical Kody). Later that day he started to get a fever and wouldn't finish eating his bottle (again...not typical Kody). That night as I was holding him, his head kept dropping like he couldn't hold it up. That made me nervous so I headed to the after hours doctor. Of course, there's not much you can do, but watch and make sure it doesn't get worse. Other than the diarrhea he seems to be back to his normal happy self.





Today was Lucas' follow up appointment for his chronic constipation. Poor kid. It's extremely frustrating for me and it's got to be frustrating for him too! We want to get this taken care of so that maybe he'll want to potty train in the near future. They did an x-ray of his tummy, which he thought was so cool. He definitely entertained the technician with his constant talking. She thought he was hillarious. He was suppose to hold really still so that she could take the picture. He would do really good until the thing he was standing in front of would move (see pic), and he'd look back at it like it was attacking him. She tried it 3 different times and finally said that would have to do. She let him pick out a piece of candy which, of course, happens to be Lucas' favorite food!

The x-rays didn't show much back-up which is good and bad. Good that he's not backed-up, bad because I wanted a possible reason for this problem. So...we're starting the clean out process again. Wish us luck on our quest for one, soft stool a day!

I guess if I wanted an easy fix, I could let Lucas catch what Kody has!!


So I just re-read this post and.... it stinks! Ha Ha!

10 comments:

Lisa Summers & Fam said...

I have to admit I enjoy reading your blogs more than anyone's. I can totally relate to the kid stuff. We had to make our blog private, maybe because of blogging stalkers like me, but I wanted to send you an invite and needed your email address. I hope you don't mind me checking you out. You should seriously think about being a writer, you truelly have the talent. I hope your son gets feeling better.
summers_lm@yahoo.co.nz
Lisa(Perkins) Summers

Aaron.Shara.Abby said...

Aw man...that stinks!! I'm glad Kody boy is feeling better and I hope you can clean that kid out! There is lots of "crap" (or lack of it) going on in the V household huh!!

No Buckaroos said...

What a "bummer" for both boys!

Denise said...

No bum jokes from me. Just hoping all gets better soon for you guys.

I highly recommend the mineral oil. Works wonders. One teaspoon in the morning and one in the evening, until he's regular, then just one a day.

Good luck!

wurtz said...

"PooP" happens or it doesn't. When Hadley was a baby she would go 5 days without going, then on that 5th day WATCH OUT! It was like clock work. Every 5th day we stayed home all day. It went on for weeks. Crazy! Good Luck, I hope everyone gets regular real fast.

The Perkins said...

I hope both cases start getting better!! Talking with Jed last night he was telling us the funny story about Lucas saying "I lay down by YOU", I will not finish the rest but you should know what I'm talking about...we had a good laugh! Love Ya

I forgot to send the preschool box back with Jed, I'll have my mom bring it to you on Friday when she comes up.

Kimber said...

I don't know which is worse....feast or famine! Good luck with getting everyone "regulated".

Anonymous said...

Your poor boys. That really does stink lol Hope everything comes out ok.. do you want me to keep going?lol

Angie Tolman said...

Ask your doctor about MiraLAX. You can get it as a prescription or at Sam's Club. (It absorbs strickly into their stomach not into their blood.) I totaly understand!! And I agree with Lisa you are one of my favorite Blogs to read. You have a way of making everything funny!! Hope everything gets better and if you have questions e-mail at n8tolman@msn.com.
Angie (Curtis) Tolman

Angie Tolman said...

I can't believe Lucas is already on Miralax, with Tiare it took a while to kick in. I think it's been 3 months and she's finally pooping on her own-like 4 times a day. Hopefully it's getting better.