
Just so you're all aware, Valentine's Day and the corresponding weekend belong to us...The Valentine's! Jed and I have made it OUR weekend, and this year was no execption. We left Friday for our third annual Valentine Getaway. We stayed in the Marriott, which wasn't quite as nice as last year's Little America, but much more convenient. Everything was within walking distance. First we had to take a picture of the two of us. Having a remote is so much fun! We took lots of pictures and then while looking at them, realized Jed's vest was quite bulky. So we did another series without it, but the pictures ended up too dark. So you get the vest picture.
Next we went to dinner at the Blue Iguana just a hop, skip & a jump away...yummy! Later we went to the Off Broadway Theater to see "The Phantom of the OBT", which was pretty funny! Jed wasn't sure what to expect, but ended up liking it. We did end up driving to the public parking lot by the theater cause it was too cold for me to walk!

This morning we went to breakfast at the hotel restaurant and than packed up and left. On our way out, we stopped for a steamer at the hotel Starbucks....delicious! We went TV shopping and then to the movie "Fool's Gold" (thanks Shara & AC)! I love this weekend when it's just Jed & I, even if it is just for one day. We get to relax, talk & laugh...I love you LOVE!

Grandma and Grandpa Valentine came up to stay with the boys. Lucas was so excited and could hardly wait to play with them. We did miss the little guys, but they were in good hands and we didn't worry about them at all! Thank you so much for coming. We love you!

This was the view from our window...can't beat that!

13 comments:
How romantic. I think it should be your holiday. I was teasing Talease for not making a special blog for her holiday, but I think it fits you more where it is your last name. It sounds like you had fun, and I think when you get away from your kids you enjoy them more and they appreciate you more too.
I am having serious grandparent envy. We have NEVER lived close enough to family for people to babysit so we could get away...so I am SO happy that you get to take advantage!
And I'm glad you had so much fun!
how fun you guys! a weekend away is worth its weight in gold isnt it?
Looks like you have fun. Maybe we'll have to do a getaway at Christmas! (St. Nicholas Day!)
Glad you had a great time. We're enjoying little Reese (and Tawnya and Jessica) this weekend. She's a cutie.
That is such a fun tradition. I Love getting away with AC and just having fun!
you really can call it YOUR day, which i think is very cool! looks like you guys had such a fun weekend and i think this is such a great tradition that you have started! hey, still wanna get together sometime...soon?! let me know!
Tradition...Tradition---were you trying to sing the R.S. song? That's what it reminded me of! Glad you had a fun time!
Jed and Katie,
I've been wondering where you ended up after school. Jed, where did you end up working. I remember you were working with a guy I knew and he told me you were in the CM program. We just recently moved to Logan from AZ.
Dave Rupp
I love those kind of weekends to! I wish we could do it once a month...just Chad and I. How do I get my own National Holiday? Sounds like you had a good time!
Awwww how tender. I loved the view. Sounds like a great break from everyone!
Sounds like you had a great time - it's nice to get away and get "recharged"!
Good for you guys for going out!! We love checking in on your family!! We really need to get together sometme, seems how we really aren't that far away!
We were so happy to be asked to come and stay with our little guys. They were the best! Please ask us to come again. Love you all! Mom
Post a Comment