Thursday, May 24, 2007

Swimming & Doctors

Grandma Valentine was staying at the Marriott in Provo for a conference so we took Lucas over to go swimming with her on Tuesday. He had so much fun! He thought it was hilarious to stand in the hot tub and then get in the regular pool because it would be so cold. Grandma told him that when he's all wrinkled, it's time to get out, but he didn't by it! I told him that we can go swimming in a couple of weeks when he starts swimming lessons. The next morning he woke up and the first thing he said was "swimmin...weeks"! What a smarty pants!










This week has been filled with doctors visits. I finally couldn't stand my neck any longer and decided to go see a Chiropractor. I was a nervous wreck...cracking and twisting just didn't sound fun! Luckily, I chose a one who doesn't do that. Instead he uses a machine to do it all...I was extremely grateful to hear that. So I've been going daily this week in hopes that I'll be able to be normal soon. The first couple of days didn't feel much better, but these past couple of days I feel much better. It still hurts a bit, but at least it's tolerable pain. Jed asked if I was Chiro believer now...I'll believe if the pain goes away!! I don't think it's something I'd do on a regular basis though!

Yesterday I took Lucas to the Dr. The inside of his right nostril kept getting redder and redder (pardon the poor grammer). Yesterday I touched it and it started bleeding. I thought maybe he had an infection or something like that. The doc tried to look in it, but there was too much scabbing...gross, I know! Lucas did so good though, he let him look up there and everything...I think he liked Dr. Bennett. This was the first time we had seen this dr. He thought maybe he has a foreign object up there since its only on one side. He gave us a prescription for Bacterban (sp?) to goop up his nose with and hopefully make all the yucky stuff go away. I'm suppose to call on Tuesday if it doesn't look any better. Lucas hasn't really been one to mess with his nose, so I'm not sure he stuck something up there! If I end up going in on Tuesday, they'll sedate him a little bit in order to get a better look inside.

Today was my dr. appointment for the pregnancy. I'm already at the 2 week appointments. I can't believe how fast it's coming. The last couple of times I've been measuring a little small, but they said it was nothing to worry about. Today I measured quite a bit smaller, 28 cm. I should be around 32 cm. Dr. Glenn said I had dropped off the measuring chart and that we just earned another ultrasound. They need to figure out why the baby is so small. The heartbeat sounds good and I still feel him. Jed asked if we should be concerned and he said that we shouldn't worry...they'll reassure us that everything is fine or tell us what we need to do to make sure everything turns out fine. The ultrasound is scheduled for next Tuesday. Even though Dr. Glenn made us feel okay about it, I still can't help but be nervous and worried. I was just telling Jed the other day that with Lucas he was up in my ribs by now and kicked a lot harder. I guess this would explain it!

So needless to say, we've had lots of co-pays this week!!

2 comments:

Chris Grover said...

I love reading your posts about your growing little boys -- Lucas and the little man still incubating! You realize we will have kids very close in age so we will have to let them do some playing!! And speaking of playing, when are us mommies gonna get together for lunch?

Aaron.Shara.Abby said...

Oh boy, you have had such a busy week! You finally buckled down and went to the chiro! I hope it's feeling better. I am sure everything will be okay with the babe. Probably if the doctor was more concerned he would have ordered the U/S for sooner. Talk to you when I get back!