We're not your hard core, must buy my child a save the world onesie, but we did do our part this past weekend. We turned in 11 whopping pounds of pop cans and Lucas & Kody earned a whole $7.15 (Lucas $5.15, Kody $2). That's right, we're part-time recyclers... saving the world one pop can at a time! We've been accumulating them for the past six months or so. Was it worth it? Hmmm...that's a toughy. Jed and Lucas stood in line for an hour just waiting for their chance to have those (mostly DP) cans run up the conveyor belt and dumped. Kody and I joined them after waiting patiently in the hot car for the first 45 minutes thinking for sure that they were almost done!
Lucas was absolutely thrilled with his new found wealth. He bought himself a package of airheads, treated his mom and dad to a Cherry Limeade from Sonic (ssssshhhhh...don't tell, besides, it was happy hour), put some in an envelope for tithing, and deposited the rest in the piggy bank.
I saw a little tidbit from The Martha were she planted some herbs and thought it looked fun. Of course I can't do anything alone, I have to drag Tawn into every project! I hardly ever use herbs, but Tawn is a faithful herb user so she guided me on what to plant. Will I use them? We shall see, I kind of just like to look at it it! Just so you know (because apparently I'm a little slow) Coriander and Cilantro are the same thing (according to the nursery lady)! Who knew!! We also planted Basil, Parsley, Thyme and Chives (garlic chives to be exact).




And just for the record...my second son hates (and hate is a strong word, but it's the truth) to be outside unless elevated so far above the ground that he doesn't know the grass and dirt exist. He cries and cries and cries and just when you think he can't cry another tear, he does! No blanket in the world can solve this problem cause if the blankets on the ground, he hates it too!

5 comments:
Awesome photos!
Can't wait to see you guys!
They look so pretty in their pots. Never new coriander and cilantro were the same thing?!
Maybe Kody will like it better when you get grass in your yard.
Way to go (green, that is) - every little bit helps :)
I love that idea. I use herbs all of the time, but never thought of growing my own. I hope you don't mind me stilling your idea, thanks!
It was fun. And now you have all the herbs to jazz up your food! DELISH!
Post a Comment