Sunday, March 16, 2008

2/3rds of a Year


This babe-ilicious is 8 months old today. What's it like being 8 months old? One word...BUSY!

There's no stoppin' this little guy. He's mastered the army crawl and has reached speeds up to 1 foot per second. He gets up on his hands and knees and starts a rockin', but hasn't quite made the connection that he can move that way. He still hates to sit, although his mean mom makes him practice daily! I feel sort of jipt (how do you spell that word?). I love the stage when they sit but aren't quite mobile yet.

We think he has HLS or Hollow Leg Syndrome. Lucas was also unofficially diagnosed with HLS so it may just be hereditary. This kid can eat. He'll will down anything you put in front of him, including Lucas' sippy cups if left on the floor! Unfortuantely he still has some reflux. We can almost guarantee somethings going to come back up sooner or later. Luckily it's not projectile like Lucas' was. (Sorry...was that TMI!)

As of this past week, he's officially been integrated into all types of Stage 1 baby food. For the past couple months he's been on a strict veggie only diet. Dr. B. recommended we start with green (blahest), yellow (blaher) , than orange (blah). Just this last week I introduced the fruits...which of course he loves! Not following this pattern may have been our mistake with Lucas. He wouldn't touch anything green when he was a baby. He also enjoys smashed up cheerios during Sacrament Meeting!

He tries to blow bubbles. So cute! He blows bubbles when you try to kiss him. He blows bubbles on your cheeks. He thinks he's funny, and of course, he is! He can also give the biggest, wettest, most slobbery kisses in the world.


Oh Kody...we love you so much!

6 comments:

Tawnya said...

Oh I love that little boy! He is so dang cute! He definetley does have HLS!

Denise said...

We love him too!

Aaron.Shara.Abby said...

He's the cutes little babe-ilicious! I think you should come and visit. I quite like having a sister around!!

kate said...

He's so cute! I bet he's even cuter in person!

Lisa Summers & Fam said...

I can't believe he is already that big. He is so dang cute too. Just wait he will seem to grow up faster than Lucas. The 2nd child is always wanting to catch up with the first.

Chris Grover said...

he is such a CUTE kid! it's so crazy how fast they grow up! i love that he and kaiya are so close in age because i find myself gauging where kaiya will be at in a month or so! except the army crawling -- i'm not going to allow that! i'm not ready for her to become mobile!!