Thursday, March 13, 2008

Snowball Effect

Let me start by saying blogger owns me! I spend my day thinking up things I can post about. Of course, most of them end up being about a person, place, or thing related to me. BUT, along with those very journalish entries, come the crazy hair brain topics. I usually write out the entire post in my head and then, fortunately for you, I've kept it tucked away in this crazy mind of mine...until now! This is what you'd find etched on my brain today...

Nine out of ten times, if I tell Jed I'd like to eat at Cafe Rio or Costa Vida, he will have already eaten there for lunch. Happened again last night. I say "I'd like to eat at Costa Vida". He says "ehhh". I say "GOSH DANG IT, YOU ATE THERE FOR LUNCH TODAY, DIDN'T YOU"!? He says, "I can eat there again". Head to Provo...first stop Home Depot. Jed needs a new hammer since someone decided they needed his more than he did. Jump in the car, and head in the OPPOSITE direction of before mention eating establishment. "Are we not going to Costa Vida?" He replies, "I really don't want to eat there again.". I suggest another place in Springville just as Jed pulls out his phone calendar. He says "I'd rather get something to go." Ah yes, the real reason surfaces...the Jazz game is on. OH BROTHER! Where does he take me for dinner, drive thru Burger King! We get home at 7:45, he turns on the TV to the Jazz game. I think it's just starting...nope. We get home with 6 minutes left in the 4th quarter! I say, "I thought the game was just starting?" He says "Nope, started at 6". Don't get me wrong, I like the Jazz and the last few minutes of the game were great last night, but that's not the point! I actually have to say that Jed's pretty good about not making it a big deal if we don't get to see every game during the season, which I am very grateful for! This just happened to be funny.

Which leads me to my next mind topic...

American Idol. During the remainder of the Jazz game American Idol: The Result Show was one. We were flipping back and forth. Of course, timeouts & commercials vary in length equaling Jazz 90% of the time, AI 10%. And even though there were only 6 minutes left in the game, it still went almost 2/3 the way through AI. I've tried to watch it this season, although I have missed a few episodes. I'm not very musically talented, although, I'd like to think I can hold my own with the Hymns (as long as there is someone singing Alto right next to me)! I'd like to see Brooke win it, can sing, play piano & guitar, very talented. Agree with Simon...can't understand a word that Amanda sings! Felt bad David A forgot the words on Tuesday. He looked so nervous. Wasn't too disappointed with the decision to send David H home. Didn't really care for the singing or his past profession! Favorite American Idol....Carrie Underwood! You know who else can sing...Trace Adkins.

See how one thing leads to another...

Celebrity Apprentice...LOVE THIS SHOW! I know, many people think it's lame, but not me or Jed or Nappy or my dad. I'd take this over the real Apprentice any day. Maybe it's because everything's for a good cause. We are what you would consider the "Trace for Apprentice" fan club. I think he has a good shot at winning it too. I've never been a huge fan of his songs, but his personality is to die for. The way he sold that push vacuum cleaner even made The Donald want to buy one. And as for Mr. Trump (not on my top 100 favorite people), my heart grew 2 sizes for the man when he chose not to fire Tito, Trace, Steven or Marilu. I was beginning to think he's emotionless, but nope...he has a heart! Watch tonight...it's "Omarosa Free"!

And that was only this mornings topics...

11 comments:

The Beatty Beehive said...

Katie, love your random thought process. It happens to me all the time. The worst is when you get it all in your head exactly how you want and then forget it all as soon as you sit at the computer. I've started my own blog now.. check it out. Still a lot to learn, but my kids will help me get there. Kelli

kate said...

I loved reding this post! Keep em coming!

Denise said...

Kindred spirits once more.

I am always on the look out for a good blog post...and I have these random thoughts all the time.

I agree...Keep them coming!

Ashlee said...

you are so cute katie-i loved this post! and guess what? we are also in the "trace for apprentice" fan club, isn't he just so nice and down to earth? love him for that:)

Kimber said...

I can totally sympathize with the restaurant thing...it happened to Del and I in Cedar City all the time! As far as AI goes, we'd like to see either Brooke or David A. take it all - and I wasn't all that sad to see David H. leave when I found out about his past job as a stripper.

Aaron.Shara.Abby said...

Good post. I don't even know what Celebrity Apprentice is. I guess I'll have to take at it. Wish you were down here, although we are smeltering at Grandma's. I think her house is 84!!zr

acte gratuit said...

I love this post! This is totally how my mind works too.

Sometimes after I say something totally random and out of the blue, I try to explain to Doug how my mind got to that point, but it takes too darn long and he loses interest by the end.
i.e. "Well I was thinking about this, which reminded me of this, which reminded me of this and this..." and on and on and on!

The Perkins said...

You are so good at putting your thoughts into words...i need to work on that :)! I'm telling you DVR(tivo) would solve all your television dilemmas. Voting for Brooke all the way on AI!

No Buckaroos said...

Wow - what a post! I missed the Apprentice - went to R.S. (One of those good, better, best choices!)
You've been tagged.
Love ya.

The Birds said...

Katie, the dinner episode was HILARIOUS!!! I'm sure it wasn't at the time for you, but I got a kick out of it - thanks for sharing! Also, my email is auntchandi@hotmail.com. I'd be happy to answer any questions you've got - if I can!

Anonymous said...

OH, my goodness that was hilarious Katie. I love your random post. LOL

It's a great outlet huh!?