Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Lots of Snow...A Little Sunbeam


This was the picture outside our window on Saturday.

During the night and early in the morning, the wind was blowing like mad. I was afraid the big bad wolf was out there trying to blow our house out of sticks down! About mid morning the wind died down a bit and the snow started falling. It was huge fluffy snowflakes, perfect for snowman making (which we didn't do)! By the time it stopped, we had more snow than I've seen in a long time.

So what did we do during this winter storm?

Jed...he had to work. It's the first Saturday he's had to work. Luckily it wasn't for very long. Later, he took a long winters nap!

As my family can attest to, I am very much a homebody (also referred to as boring)! I'm not one who likes to venture out during insane conditions (or good conditions for that matter). Home is where you would have found me on Saturday. I did go through the toys and put some in a box to donate to the nursery. Although I didn't get rid of a whole lot, it still felt really good!

Nappy decided that she had had her hair color long enough. She battled her way to Sally's and bought some hair color. (Although I tried to get her to stay home and do it a different day.) She spent the afternoon becoming a brunette.



Kody spent his day eating, sleeping, driving, and swinging ...oh ya and smiling!





Lucas played hard, as always! He did lounge around for a bit and requested that we watch Smallville (which we didn't do). He did get to go in the snow for minute when Jed asked him if he wanted to feed Rocky a bone.





Despite the cloudy skies, we do have a shining sunbeam! Lucas went to his first Sunbeam class on Sunday. I had been hoping that Sunbeam's would be a life altering event in Lucas and he would attend his new class WITHOUT a parent present. I think he scared half the primary children with his uncontrollable crying and lack of breathing! I sat through Opening Exercises with him and he seemed to enjoy himself. During Sharing Time he sat with his class on the front row and I sat at the back of the room. He kept checking to make sure I hadn't moved. One time I had stood up to talk to someone and he couldn't see me. He went berserk, but once I told him I wasn't leaving, he went back to sit with his class. The funny part was when they were excusing them to go to classes. He started climbing of the chairs and pushing the people out of the way to get to me. He was crying hysterically again. His poor teachers aren't sure what to do. He said he liked primary so I'm hoping that slowly he'll be able to go by himself.

5 comments:

Denise said...

Oh Katie.

This was so our experience with Josh. Every Sunday for six months, we went through the torture.

Every Sunday we hoped it would be the last.

Every Sunday, we did it again.

I finally got him to stay, by himself, by filling his shirt pocket with cereal, so that whenever he needed to, he could comfort himself with a little cherrio. (I know I shouldn't teach him to comfort himself with food, but hey, it works for me too!)

After a while (a long, long while), he would fill his own little pocket and toddle off to Sunbeams by himself. OH THE JOY!

And of course, little miss independent Becky took one look at the Sunbeams class and never looked back.

By the way, I know you hate the snow, but we haven't had any yet, and I am really hoping. SNOW DAYS ROCK!

No Buckaroos said...

Aunt Nappy was one of those "hysterical" sumbeams also - I remember poor Zoanne M. trying to hold her down! They do grow out of it eventually!
We're having a snowstorm right now! I'm not going anywhere!

Anonymous said...

What a cute little sunbeam though!! We have a new one that is very vocal and we don't even have a new sunbeam teacher for the class yet. So right now I am the one teaching it.

He will adjust and will probably end up being one of the better behaved ones I'm sure.

I am going to see your parents on Friday, I am so excited. I will be at there house some time Friday late afternoon or evening. Then going with them to breakfast with G & G and then flying home. I can't wait, even though it will be a very short visit. Wish I could see you guys too!

Denise said...

Hey Katie.

I got tagged by a friend, so I am tagging you. Just visit my blog to see the questions.

Aaron.Shara.Abby said...

A sunbeam A sunbeam...I'll be a sunbeam for him!! What a cute little sunbeam you have. I hope things get better. As much as you probably hate snow days, I wish we were having one here sometimes!