Thursday, October 25, 2007

For the Love of Chicken...



Macey's is having a killer deal on chicken right now. It's 1.19 a pound. The catch is that you have to buy it in 40 pound boxes and it's fresh...meaning NEVER been frozen. So...after leaving with TWO boxes, I came home with the daunting task of seperating it, cutting off the fat, and bagging it. Not all 80 pounds are for me. Me, Tawn, & my mom are splitting it. Tawn came over after I had the first box done to help with the rest. What a chore! Next time I might just put it in the freezer in one big blob and chisel of pieces as we need it!!





"What's for Dinner?"...


Beef!

6 comments:

wurtz said...

That's a lot of chicken! ;)

Aaron.Shara.Abby said...

Holy cow lots of chicken! Your so clever with your posts:) I got my announcements and was so mad...they are glossy, I clicked the button to have them all matte and half are matte, half are glossy!

Tawnya said...

I don't think I want to see another chicken breast for awhile! At least it's done and over with now!

Ashlee said...

whoa, katie, i love that you are such a great bargain shopper! that's a great price, i wish you did some for me too!

acte gratuit said...

Wow. Somehow saying "Holy Cow" just doesn't seem appropriate in this situation.

Lissagerl said...

That is some major chicken!!!! It does sound like a really good deal, though. I can't wait to be in my house so I can start doing the penny pinching shopping.