Thursday, July 05, 2007

Swimmin', Fishin' & 4th of Julyin'

We hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable 4th of July! I, for one, enjoyed the day with Jed home from work. We made an early trip to Bountiful to deliver the green Saturn into the hands of Nappy...but not before we had OUR check in hand!! I know she was extremely anxious to have a reliable car, so hopefully it stays that way. We didn't use it much, so it'll be nice to save money every month by not paying the dreaded insurance payment!

We went to lunch with Tawnya & Landon and than took Lucas to see "Ratatouille". He was not very excited about going to the movie and kept asking to go home. Once it started he was okay for the most part. He ended up falling asleep towards the end. I thought it was a fun show.

Later that night we did some fire crackers in front of our house. Lucas was NOT impressed...to say the least. He kept his hands over his ears pretty much the entire time. We did see some "illegal" ones light up the sky by our house and those he's okay with!

I had high hopes that today would be the big day...but than again, I have high hopes that every day will be the big day!! Sorry mom, you lose! According to the dr., he's ready to make his grand entrance at any time.


Hiding behind Tawn...as if she can save him!



On the 3rd, Jed decided we were going to go fishing. I, of course, was a bit opposed to the idea since I knew I would be chasing Lucas around. Jed made Lucas promise that he would sit still and help daddy fish. Let me tell you what a promise means to a two year old...NOT MUCH! We drove up Payson Canyon to a little place called Maple Lake. Jed ended up catching 3 fish. Lucas wasn't that interested in them so he played in the dirt. He did get in trouble a couple of times after throwing rocks...hence the sad face pictures.











Last but not least, we bought Lucas this little pool. He LOVES it! He requests to swim in it daily. Although, in my current with-child state, the heat of the day is not too appealing. We usually have to wait until later so that we can have some shade while he plays. Can I just say how much I love this little guy??!! I feel so lucky to be able to stay at home with him.





6 comments:

No Buckaroos said...

And he's so lucky to have his mommy stay home with him! His sad face makes me sad - he's always so happy and cute. Yep - I lose! I'll guess the 10th now!

Aaron.Shara.Abby said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! He was probably trying to skip rocks in the water! Poor little guy! What a fun boy.

Tawnya said...

Summer Days are so fun! Hopefully that little one will come soon...remember to call me so I can get Lucas (like you'll forget!)

Chris Grover said...

I love your "with-child" comment! That was funny! Looks like you guys have had a fun few days! I hope you're not dying in all this heat! I'm anxiously waiting...

Ashlee said...

Okay Katie, I can't figure out your email so will you please tell me what it is? I voted for Monday....I hope I win. I'll give you the update on our fam's crazy life through email so all your visitors don't have to read it:) Lucas is so cute...what a personality! I love it, and that swimsuit is darling. I wish I found it! I know you're probably miserable in this heat, but things could be worse, you could be here! 118 the other day (st. george) anyways, get me your email or I'll just call when I get a second. see ya

acte gratuit said...

I had a guy take me to Maple Lake to fish for a date. The road was blocked off so we had to hike up to it. It was early spring. The closer we got, the more snow was on the ground. When we got to the lake, it was frozen solid.

Things didn't work out with that guy...