Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Welcome to the World...

Kody Jedediah Valentine!
He decided to suprise us a little early and came on July 16, 2007 at 3:58 am. He weighed in at 7lb 30z and was 18 1/2 inches. He's adorable and we're completely in love...again! My water broke at home around midnight and by the time we dropped Lucas off at Tawn's and then got to the hospital, it was about 1:30. He arrived about 2 1/2 hours later. I got the epidural just in time because about 20 minutes later I had gone from a 4 to ready to deliver!! They called Dr. Grover (Dr. Glenn was out of town) and she arrived about 5 minutes later. It was kind of funny because she was out of breath from pretty much running to my room! She was great! I'm so glad that he decided to come on his own and I didn't have to be induced. I came home yesterday afternoon and am so glad to sleep in my own bed again!! Here's a few pictures from his first couple of days. We think he's cute...and Lucas has even taken a liking to him!!









5 comments:

Aaron.Shara.Abby said...

Pretty darn cute! I think I can see a little resemblance to Lucas. Wish I was there to hold him!

Lissagerl said...

Congrats!! So happy everyone is healthy! I think he looks like Lucas, too. I can't believe you're already home. Very good sign! How are you feeling? How is feeding going this time around?

Tawnya said...

Oh he's so cute! I love that dimple in his chin! He is starting to look more like Lucas everyday, but at first he DIDN'T!

Brooke Fenn said...

Katie and Jed, he is beautiful!! Congratulations! -Brooke and Travis Fenn

Chris Grover said...

I totally see Lucas in him! But seriously, that dimple!!! It is the CUTEST thing ever! I thought it was sooo funny to get THAT message again on my phone when I got to work! Deja vu! I hope you are feeling better and better each day! I love the name Kody and think he is just the cutest little guy! So...when can I see him in person?!