On Saturday, Jed and I headed up north to my parents house. We were going to take Lucas to Hogle Zoo, but that didn't work out, so we decided to head to Willow Park for lunch. Not nearly as entertaining as Hogle Zoo would have been, but it worked. I think Ive seen enough birds to last for a long, long, long time. They did have a few large animals, but they were too tired (and hot) to come out and play. Lucas liked to bend down with his hands out and say "tum ere boy" to the turtles! He's so cute! We're still planning to take him to Hogle Zoo, but probably more towards the end of summer.
Trying to get a drink...
A colorful pheasant
gramps & Lucas
Jed and I left to come back on Sunday afternoon. Lucas stayed in Honeyville to spend a few days with grams and gramps...oh ya, and "Whappy"! It was nice to have a little break and get a few things done (or should have got done).
On Monday night, Jed, Me, Tawn & Landon all headed out to dinner and then to the driving range. It was the first time I had used my golf clubs since I got them on Mother's Day. I actually hit the ball some what decent, which is more than I can say for the other times I've been to the driving range. Must be the new clubs!
I did a little bit of shopping while I had some spare time. I love the summer clearance sales! It was also really nice not to have to push a stroller through the mall!! I was able to get most of my house clean...at least it looked cleaned! I can't guarantee it will stay that way. If I was rich, I would definetly hire someone to clean for me!
My mom brought Lucas back on Wednesday. I asked him if he missed me and he said "No miss you"! Don't I feel loved! Even if he didn't miss me, I missed having his little voice keep me entertained! He learned a few new things while he was gone. One of those being if you ask him what his favorite drink is he says "Pepper and Pepsi"....hmmmm wonder who taught him that! He was also lucky enough to get a big bright pink blow-up bat that should have stayed at grandma's house! My mom left this afternoon after we had lunch with Tawn at Chili's. Thanks Mom & Dad for letting him stay with you...mostly likely he'll be requesting "grama grampa" again real soon! Love you!
Oh...and one more thing... my sis Shara had recently posted about all the bargain buying that she's been doing. Well, I didn't want to be left out, so I also started looking for bargains. I found an awesome deal on a never been used breast pump! The lady had only had it for about 7 months, but her little boy didn't ever nurse so she never used it! Now hopefully I'll be able to use it! I didn't want a used one and I didn't want to rent from the hospital again!! I had been looking/researching them for awhile and feel might pleased with the one I ended up with! Thanks craigslist.com!










4 comments:
So fun to have him - he'll have to come again while I have the summer off. I DID NOT teach him the Pepper/Pepsi thing - he already knew it! We miss him and the funny things he says.
What a funny little growing up boy you have! Too cute. Great job on the breast pump!!
I have to admit I get a little nervous every time I go to check your blog -- excited nervous, thinking that MAYBE there will be a baby post!! You just let him cook until he's nice and toasty! So glad your neck is feeling better!
Pep--SIII! You need to get that on camera how he says it! 3 more weeks until baby!
Post a Comment