This past Tuesday we (and by we, I mean Jed) finally poured our concrete. Heston & Jake came from Jed's work and our friend Chad also came to help (while Lucas babysat Carter). They did such a good job (they better since Jed works for a concrete company)! We now have a sidewalk, dog run/shed foundation, and a patio bigger than my big toe!! I'm so excited since this means we can now move on to the sprinklers, grass & flowers!! Jed told me last night that I can't talk about it because it just makes him to tired to think about! Slowly but surely we're getting it done. I think we've finally decided to just plant seed. I know that it may not look the greatest for the first couple of years, but when you compare the price...I can handle a few weeds to save a couple thousand dollars!
Sidewalk
My mom and Jess also came down on Tuesday. Jessica was meeting with her UVSC advisor on Wednesday. My mom cleaned/organized so much of the spare bedroom. It had turned into our storage/junk room. I'm sort of limited to what I can lift...(as I will mention in the next paragraph). I don't know what I would have done without her. She's the best! She was also willing to change at least a hunderd of Lucas's diapers. Okay...maybe it's not quite a hundred, but it sure feels like it. He won't even consider using the potty when he gets this way! Some days I've had it up to my eyeballs with diapers and constipation problems. We need to make a trip to the dr. in the near future....again! Grandma also got to watch Lucas' swimming lessons on Wednesday. He doesn't really like to do what the teachers ask. He usually says "no teachers" or "don't want to". Regardless...we're still having fun!
Can I just say that me and Tylenol are like this (picture fingers crossed)! About a month ago I started having those stupid neck pains. They finally went away during the weekend I was up at the cabin, about a week and a half ago. It was the best feeling in the whole world...movement in my neck, no sharp shooting pains, or sudden muscle spasms, etc. I must have been way too excited about it because they have since returned...it was a nice 5 days while it lasted! So I'm back to taking two tylenol every six hours on the dot! I've done almost everything I can except buy one of those expensive pillows that help support the neck...oh, and accupuncture! I try to be careful with what I lift in hopes that it will help. If this neck pain ends up being associated with pregnancy...I think we'll only have two kids!
As a little side note...Dr. Glenn said at our appointment on Monday that he doesn't expect a baby in the next couple of weeks! Jed has a golf tournament on the 21st, so he has taken dr.'s word as a true fact (he's paranoid he's going to have to miss it)! Although I feel like a human punching bag right now...I really would like this baby boy to at least make it a little farther than Lucas. I guess we'll just wait and see!

3 comments:
Never knew cement could look so good! Wish we could have stayed longer to help more. It was good to see you again anyways! Get feeling better.
Your concrete looks beautiful, can't wait to see some grass and flowers next! Swimming looks delightful - I'm house sitting for the next few weeks for the family in a ward that has a pool! I can't wait to float in it daily!!
It's so nice to get a yard in!! Just plan on staying there for awhile to enjoy it and not have to start over again :)
Post a Comment