Monday, June 11, 2007

Art City Days

Springville had their city days this past weekend. We met Tawnya & Landon there to walk around and grab a bite to eat. We also wanted to take Lucas on a couple of rides. He hasn't ever done it before and we didn't know if he would like it.

Warning - the following pictures may be disburbing...BUT, in our defense (Jed & I), he WANTED to ride the caterpillar!


Although I felt horrible, his face still made me (and everyone else) smile!

Looking at Tawn...

Being rescued!!

Not sure what to think...

After that horrible ride, we weren't to sure if he would ride anything else. We decided the Merry-G0-Round would be a great place to redeem our parenting efforts! I think we did...take a look at the following pics.







Do you think he paid his 2 tickets???

Saturday, while Jed and Landon went golfing, Tawnya & I took Lucas to the Spanish Fork pool. He had a blast playing in the shallow end where he gets to walk. I wasn't to sure about going down the slide, but Tawnya braved it and took Lucas down. He loved every minute of it...he went down 3 times. I could hear him laughing as he was coming down the tube.



Waiting his turn.

Tawn & Lucas

That evening we went to the fireworks at Springville high school. I wasn't sure if Lucas would like it, but he did. He layed on the blanket and didn't move the entire time. It helped that it was a bit nippy! He wanted more when they were all finished.

Tawnya, Landon, Lucas, Jed, Chad, Alicia & Carter

Don't they look happy??!!

He didn't move from this spot...and we didn't have to chase him!

On Sunday we had an evening BBQ at the Kesler's. We had a great time eating yummy kabobs, talking, and laughing at the two cute little boys. Lucas and Carter sure know how to keep each other entertained.

We were sure busy this weekend, but it was lots of fun!

4 comments:

Tawnya said...

It was sure a fun weekend! Thanks for hanging out with us!

Aaron.Shara.Abby said...

OOHHH Poor little guy! Looks like a very fun filled weekend though!

Chris Grover said...

Ok, in total pity and sympathy for Lucas, those were such FUNNY pictures! His face is classic! So, I'm thinking we need to have lunch sometime before the little mister comes! What d'ya think?

Lissagerl said...

I am WAY too paranoid to let my kids ride something like that by themselves. Good for you, even if it wasn't his favorite. lol