Wednesday, June 06, 2007

One Proud Momma

Before we left St. George on Sunday (see previous post), we went over to see cousin Max's house. Lucas and Max are 6 months apart...Lucas being the older one. They have such a cute home. Lucas loved playing with all of Max's toys, especially the big car that he could drive. He now wants one! Max (who turns two in a couple of days) is already starting to potty train. Ashlee took Lucas into the bathroom and showed him the potty seat that Max goes on and told him that he gets a candy when he goes. Lucas seemed pretty interested (candy's involved) so on Monday I took him to pick out his own potty seat...he chose Elmo. Once we got home he wanted to sit on it. We sat there for quite awhile (he thought he was cool), but than I heard something...that's right...he POOPED in the potty! I could have thrown a party! I couldn't hardly believe it. He was so excited and so was his mommy! We got a candy and a sticker! I probably would have given him anything he wanted if he had only asked!!! He isn't quite sure that he wants to so it on regular basis, but we're working on it.


This little seat is the best invention...to heck with the fancy smancy little toilets!

He also started swimming lessons this week. Monday was a really nice, warm day. Tuesday was a bit cooler. Today...they canceled them (but we get a free family day pass)! Hopefully it'll be warm enough to go tomorrow. So far he's having a great time. I never realized how nice the Spanish Fork pool is.

3 comments:

wurtz said...

Yeah Lucas. It's always a wonderful thing when the kiddos learn to use the potty. So exciting!

Tawnya said...

You go Lucas!! I'm so glad you called and told me! I have a special surprise for yoU!

Lissagerl said...

Yay for potty training!!! Life is so much nicer when that happens :)