Friday, March 02, 2007

"Oh Bubby"

Our little Lucas has Strep Throat. Yesterday morning he started running a fever. I gave him a bath and then he decided he was going to take a nap...at 10 in the morning! I figured he must not be feeling to swell since that is completely out of character. When I took his temp after he woke up, it was in the 103's. I gave him some children's motrin and soon after that the fever started to go down...a little. He pretty much just laid around all day and you could just feel the heat coming off of him. He fell asleep again on my lap around 3:30 and when he woke back his temp was back up in the 102's. I called the dr's office and they had an appointment for 5:30. He was such a brave little boy. He always starts crying when they call his name! Our regular dr. was out of town, but the one we saw last night was great. Lucas had these huge sad eyes, but he answered all the questions the dr. asked...not necessarily correctly, but he answered. It was pretty funny! This dr. kept calling him "Bubby", must be his nickname for all the kids. He showed Lucas how your finger turns orange when you put it over the light that goes in your ears. He thought that was pretty cool. We (Jed came with me) were told that he either had Strep (his throat was red), RSV, or the Flu. I was glad that the Strep test came back positive. It's much nicer when you know exactly what they have and you can do something about it. I opted for the shot rather than the 10 days of medicine. I'm sure that wouldn't have been Lucas's choice. When we left, he was not happy, but was still trying to be nice. He told them all "Bu-Bye", but when they asked if he wanted a sticker he gave a very blunt "NO"! We all laughed. By the time we got home, he was back to his usual self.

No comments: