Sunday, March 04, 2007

Ice Hockey


On Saturday night we went to the UVSC vs. BYU ice hockey game. It as the last game of the season and Tawnya had extra tickets so we decided we would go try it. Chad, Alicia & Carter also came. We had never been to a game before and had no idea what to expect. For starters...we should have taken more than just Lucas's blanket! The bleachers were freezing cold! We didn't realize just how long a hockey game is either (plan for at least 3-4 hours)! Lucas was asleep before the end of the first period. Not quite sure how he was able to sleep with all the screaming and yelling, but some how he did! We wrapped him up in his little blanket and he was snug as a bug.

Landon and Chad participated in the "chuck-a-puck" contest to see if they could land their puck in the center...neither did, but there donation went to a great cause...I'm just sure of it!! We left during the second intermission, and UVSC wasn't doing so hot. I think the score was like UVSC 4 - BYU 10! I wasn't able to watch most of the game since Lucas was a sleep on my lap and the people right in front of us wouldn't sit down! When we finally did leave, it was already 11:00 and our 8 am church sounded awfully early (actually...it didn't just sound early, it is early!!) We did have a good time and now we know to be a little more prepared if we go next year!

Chuck-a-puck...not sure who's is who's!!

Tawn & Landon

Cute Carter...he would clap and get so excited when everyone else did!

1 comment:

JANIS HOLLAHAN said...

I WOULD LOVE TO GO TO A HOCKEY GAME. THEY LOOK LIKE THEY ARE TONS OF FUN. I DON'T KNOW IF I COULD HANDLE SITTING THROUGH THE WHOLE GAME THOUGH. THAT MIGHT BE A LITTLE LONG FOR ME.