Wednesday, March 21, 2007
A Man's Best Friend
Today was a sad day at our house. One of our dogs, Duke, passed away. Jed has had him for about 13 years (he was around 90 in dog years). He's been a part of my life ever since we were married. He was just a great big teddy bear. He was extremely gentle and we loved him very much! About a year or so ago we started noticing that he was getting arthritis in his paws and hips. He was having a hard time walking. This past weekend we noticed that he was much worse than before. He was having a hard time using his back legs at all. We talked about it and just didn't feel right about making him suffer. We worried about the summer heat and him being able to get to his water. We made an appointment with the Vet for today. It breaks my heart to think about, but I know that he's much better off. He will sure be missed by our little family and especially his buddy (our other dog) Rocky. They have been side by side for over 10 years.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Katie, I'm such a dork, but I seriously just teared up reading this. That is just so sad, but sounds like it was the right thing to do. Does this mean that Chase won't live forever?! Pets really do become such a part of your family. Hope Rocky takes it ok! See ya next week.
Sad Sad day. Now you should get a poodle.
Very sad day. It is great and also sad that animals become part of our lives, that's why we have fish I guess. I don't like attachments!!
Post a Comment