I had so much fun this past week. My sister, Shara, who lives in Boston, was able to come visit for about a week! Lucas and I picked her up at the airport on Wednesday and brought her back to our house in Spanish for the night. Tawn & Landon came over for dinner and we had a great time chatting...as always! On Thursday we headed up to my mom & dad's house in the afternoon. We first had to stop at Costa Vida for lunch. Shara had a list of places she wanted to eat and that was one of them. Needless to say, we pretty much ate at all the places she wanted (Taco Time...in Tremonton, Dixie Grill, & breadsticks from Pizza Plus!)
We took on the project of making those fun bags. I think they turned out really cute. She also made a couple more for gifts...she's heading to Japan in May!
My mom is going a little baby girl crazy...she is certain that Shara is having a girl! They tied a very cute pink and green baby quilt for her. Unfortunately, she didn't have room to take it back in her suitcase, so my mom & dad will take it with them in June (if it's a girl)! They and Jess are going back for Shara's graduation. Since everyone is positive that she's having a girl...I'm going to make her something blue! I'm hoping it's a boy...for selfish reasons only!!
The weather has been so nice that we had to spend some time outside. Mostly just to let Lucas run around!! He of course, loves to go with Grandpa on the tractor and see the cows. Pretty much anything that involves wearing his hat, boots & scarf! My dad fixed this saddle for my uncle and Lucas loved sitting on it!
We had dinner with my Grandpa & Grandma Nicholas one night. I am so blessed to have them in my life still. Although they are getting much older (my grandpa is 93), they are still full of life. Grandpa can't see very good, but takes walks around the block and still has his great sense of humor. Grandma has a hard time hearing, but she is full of love for her whole family. I love them so much.
I have the best family in the world! I love the relationship that I have with each of my sisters. They mean the world to me and I look forward to the times we get to spend together, which isn't that often. Hopefully Shara and Aaron will move out west so we can see them more! I'm already looking forward to Christmas when will get to see them and their new little baby! Thanks mom and dad for letting us bombard your house for a week. I love all of you so much!!











5 comments:
Looks like you guys had tons of fun!
I know how much you miss your sister, living so far away, so that's GREAT that you got to spend some good time with her and your family this week! And by the way, those bags are just too much -- I LOVE them! Good job! Lucas is cute as ever! Has he warmed up to the idea of having a baby brother?!
Your pictures look cute of Lucas. Him and his billy goat laugh!
We did have a lot of fun - it's hard getting back to "normal" life again! See you soon in St. George.
FUN, FUN, FUN!! LUCAS AND THAT BILLY GOAT LAUGH IS HILARIOUS
Post a Comment