This past summer we (my mom and me) learned how to make these really cute scripture bags. They are the perfect size and sooo cute. We'll...I've decided to venture even more and try to make them larger and more of a diaper bag type thingy. Today I stopped at JoAnne's to look at fabric. They had some really cute ones to choose from, but these just kept popping out at me. Now I know they are a bit girly...but they were too cute to pass up. Besides, if this baby is a girl than that bag will be perfect. If not...oh well...it's me who carries the bag around, and I think it's cute!! Of course, I'm not going to try my new invention on this material until I have it perfected. I have some random fabric that I'm going to use. If it should turn out, I might post a picture for all to see!
Now for something completely off subject. Since we have started eliminating Lucas's daily naps, he's had trouble keeping his eyes open past 6 or 7. It's been kind of nice since we can put him to bed and he falls right asleep. He doesn't even move a muscle. Even though he goes to bed early, he still sleeps until 7 in the morning. On Valentine's Day I could tell he was getting sleepy really early. I finally called Jed around 4:45 and told him that if he didn't hurry home, he wouldn't get to see Lucas. I tried as hard as I could to keep him awake, but he still fell asleep before Jed got home. This is the picture of him that day. We tried to wake him up to have him open his little valentine's gift, but he wouldn't budge. He must have been really tired because he slept clear until 7 the next morning. Maybe it's a growth spurt!!??

5 comments:
Darling fabric - I want one too!
Cute picture of Lucas. We sure miss him!
I'm in charge of Taster's Table at RS tonight - gotta go! (We're having crepes!)
MOM
I seriously love that material. That is going to be the cutiest diaper bag. That picture of Lucas makes me laugh. That reminds alot of me. I have a hard time staying up past 7 too, but I have to get up at 3:30 every morning. He is sooo cute, he looks just like you Katie.
Very Very Cute!! I can't wait to come and make them with you. I am also very glad that YOU are perfecting the pattern and not me. I barely know how to use my sewing machine. Poor little Lucas, I think is hair is turning darker already! Love ya
I LOVE the bag you made for me and I am so excited to see how these turn out! That fabric is adorable -- is this a subliminal message about Lucas' sibling?! We'll see in a few weeks!
Very cute fabric! Love it! Too bad I KNOW I'm having (another) boy, or I'd get some for myself. Good luck with your sewing projects. I tried a V-day project but still haven't finished it. Maybe before next year...
:)
Post a Comment