Friday, December 01, 2006

Christmas Survey 2006

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? I really like both so it depends. I love to make hot chocolate in the morning because our house is freezing down stairs. I like egg nog too, but it has to have 7-up and vanilla ice cream in it...yummy!!!!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Depends what they are...lots of times he would use really big santa bags!

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I'm a fan of white lights.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope...didn't even think about it.

5. When do you put your decorations up? This year I put the tree up on Thanksgiving day evening with the help of my mom. (I figured it was pay back for all the holidays I've helped with their tree -- 25 to be exact!!) The rest of the decor went up on Friday.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Hmmm....not sure. Didn't know there was such thing as a holiday dish that didn't include dessert.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child. Trying to go to bed so early so that Santa would come. Of course, I couldn't go to sleep at 7:00 so I would just lay there. We would be up before the rooster to open our gifts. We would have to wait for my dad to feed the animals and my mom to turn on all the Christmas lights. My dad was always so excited for Christmas morning. One time I remember that we slept in a little (I'm sure it was 5:00) and he asked my mom if he should wake us up!!

8. How and When did you learn the truth about Santa? In our old house in Tremonton, my mom used to hide our gifts downstairs, in this backroom, under a blanket. Well...I just happened to be playing in that room and saw a few board games including the "Sweet Valley High" game. Well...that Christmas, guess what I got from SANTA! That pretty much did it for me. Of course, I didn't tell my mom and dad. I think I faked it pretty darn good!

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Always pajamas! We would instantly put them on and not take them off the next day (unless we were trying on our new duds!).

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? I love my tree this year. I decided to go with the Polar Express theme.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Refer to my previous post about El Nino, etc.!! I dread driving in it.

12. Can you ice skate? Are you kidding! I don't think I've been able to ever stand up on ice skates. My ankles aren't strong enough to hold me up! I usually end up bruised and battered! I remember going with the YW one year (I was a beehive). My hands were on the ice so much, that someone actually ran over them and I ended up with a cut up finger!!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? How do I choose...I think I'd have to say, Lucas! Although he came a couple weeks before Christmas (and wasn't due until a couple weeks after), it was nice to have him here!

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Our Savior...and remembering why we even celebrate Christmas. I also love the time we get to spend with family.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Frosted sugar cookies shaped like Christmas ornaments, toffee, and Bubble Bread and Russian Tea.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? We would always Read Luke 2 before opening our pajamas. Then we just spend the rest of the night being together as a family and remember Christmas's past!

17. What tops your tree? A star.

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? I like the giving part. I'm especially excited for this year to see Lucas open all of his gifts! I think he's going to have so much fun. Receiving is fun too! :)

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? That's a hard one. I must admit that I'm a George Strait fan all the way so his CD's are always on the top of my list. I have music for every mood! Love it! I must admit that I'm more of an upbeat music person rather than slow slow! Martina McBride's CD...not one of my favorites!

20. What is your favorite Christmas story? "A Creature was Stirring", "The Polar Express", and any of Anita Standsfield's Christmas books. Just finished reading her pamphlet book called "The Gift". Very good!

Well that complete's this survey. 25 days till Christmas...it's coming so fast. This year we will be in St. George with Jed's family. I'm really looking forward to relaxing and enjoying the Christmas festivities. Despite the cold weather...Christmas is still a wonderful time of year!! Love you all!

4 comments:

Chris Grover said...

This is such a fun little Christmas thing! I have received this email from about 5 people, so I think I'm gonna steal your idea and just post it on my blog too! I'll see you in a little bit for lunch! Can't wait! And thanks for the ride!

Aaron.Shara.Abby said...

I always think you write so well...I wish i had that skill! Christmas is so much fun! I love the magical feeling we always have at our house and will miss that this year! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

That was fun to read! Christmas is a fun time - especially the memories!
MOM

Tawnya said...

I'm glad you did it! I love Christmas! All these memories make it fun!!