Thursday, December 28, 2006

Christmas in the "South"






And of course, by South I mean 4 hours down I-15 to the city of St. George! We had a great time spending Christmas with Jed's family this year. We missed having Nathan & Mariann there too. (They stayed in Price with his family.) We left Thursday afternoon after Jed got off work. We went out to dinner at Applebee's for Jed & Talease's birthday. They had DVRed the BYU game so they could watch that after dinner. Thanks to the TV's at Applebee's, I was able to see who was going to win! :)



We went to Tuacahn to see the Nativity Play. Lucas also got to visit Santa. The picture makes him look unhappy, but he was actually extremely excited! He chased Santa down, just so he could say "Hi"! The Nativity was really nice. They even had a real Camel! Talease had the right idea for staying warm!






We also went and saw the lights at the St. George Temple. Lucas tried to sneak into the Nativity set so that he could pet the animals.






The Beatty family had their Christmas party at Grandpa & Grandma's. We had a fun time visiting with family. Some of the grandkids performed the Nativity. Lucas was a little lamb. He looked so cute. He wasn't to sure about it though! We played some fun games and laughed a lot.


In between all of the fun activities, we found time play "Settlers of Catan". I had bought it for Jed for his birthday, but we didn't know how to play it. I had just heard lots of people say that they liked it. Once we figured out how to play, we were all addicted. (Even as I'm writing this blog, Jed, Landon, Tawn & Nappy are in playing it!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had a great time with you guys!! You are right about settlers being addicting....fun times!
Shane and Talease

Chris Grover said...

Welcome back! Looks like you had a great time in St. George -- especially Lucas! Can you believe he is TWO?!! I can't!

acte gratuit said...

I love Settlers. Glad to hear you're addicted. Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas!
Very cute Christmas Card, by-the-way. (In case I didn't already mention it.)
:)
Em

kate said...

Thanks for the Christmas Card, very cute! We are addicted to Settlers at our house too!!

Tawnya said...

I want to play Settlers again! It was loads of fun!