Friday, January 05, 2007

2007 Here We Come...

Out with the OLD! What a year it has been. My sister Tawnya got married. I quit UVSC and became a stay at home mom. We built a new home in Spanish Fork. Jed graduated with his Bachelor's Degree. We made our first cross country flight to Boston to visit Shara & Aaron. Lucas turned 2 (which automatically implies that some days are terrible!)
We spent the last few days of 2006 up in Honeyville. Both the Valentine's and the Nicholas' has their family parties after Christmas. It's always fun to get together as family.

In with the NEW! For the most part of this year, we have been cooped up in our home because some "bug" decided it wanted us to feel miserable! It started Tuesday with Lucas, Me on Wednesday, and yesterday Jed didn't feel to good! Lucas has been sick the longest though. For some reason he can't keep any solid foods down. He woke us up last night crying cause he had thrown up all over in his bed! (sorry for the details). Hopefully this all passes really soon!

In other NEW news...Lucas is going to be a big brother! I am officially 12 weeks pregnant! We had our first doctors appointment on Jan. 2nd and everything is great. We heard the heartbeat instantly, which was such a relief for Jed and I. I can finally relax. I've been a bit uptight and anxious for this appointment. That fact that I'm getting fatter was a good sign that things were okay!! The baby is set to arrive sometime around July 18th.



I close this post with a couple pictures and a video of Lucas up in Honeyville. Grandpa Nic bought him this cowboy hat for Christmas. He wouldn't take it off.







Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


5 comments:

Chris Grover said...

OH MY GOSH!!! I'm soooo excited for you, Katie!! I have been hoping so much that this would happen for you guys! CONGRATS, CONGRATS, CONGRATS!! This will be a happy (and eventful) new year for you guys! YAY!

Tawnya said...

HORRAY! I can't wait to get to spoil another baby! My bet is girl!

acte gratuit said...

Congratulations!!! Very exciting! Hearing the heartbeat for the first time is ALWAYS such a relief. I hope the pregnancy goes very smoothly for you!!!

Sperry Family said...

Conrats! That is so awesome, we are so excited for you guys! Lucus is going to be a great big brother. Hopefully you'll have a little girlfriend for Carter or at least least another buddy to play with!

Aaron.Shara.Abby said...

We are so very excited for you! You are going to have all the grandkids on both sides!! I bet another boy. Cute pictures of Christmas and very cute banner! You'll have to teach me how to do it!