Friday, January 12, 2007

My Posterity!

I figured if I didn't write just a little bit, my future posterity might wonder what really happened during this past week! :) Fortunately for them, they wouldn't have missed much. Besides going to the grocery store Wednesday night, Lucas and I have not left the house the whole week. You might say that I am experiencing cabin fever which is pretty unusual for me since I'm such a home body. I had planned to do a few things yesterday (Roberts Craft), but by the time I could go it was like a blizzard outside my front door. For those who know me, I'm not one to purposely go out into such driving conditions. I would also have deliberately made myself cold, and why would I do that??!! So...here I sit, day 5 of my lock down!

I have been able to accomplish a few things while sitting at home.

1) My home is clean (for the most part). I could be mopping the kitchen floor, but then you wouldn't be getting this really exciting post!! :)

2) The laundry is all caught up (or at least it was).

3) I've seen "Cars" (currently playing as I write this), "Baby Einstein", & "Madagascar" at least a hundred times each!

4) I have taken it upon myself to memorize the theme song to every disney cartoon that comes on! j/k...I didn't do it on purpose! Not only that, but I wake up in the night with at least one of them in my head. When "It's the Mickey Mouse Club House...come inside, it's fun inside" is playing over and over in your head, it does not make it easy to go back to sleep!!

5) I've designed our baby announcement on my new Photoshop Elements software. I had way to much fun that I might be designing a few more. Of course the one I designed is for a girl and just in case, I better have a boy one ready too!

6) I finally figured out how to do those dumb banners on my blog! It took along time, but it worked and I'm not changing it anytime soon!!

7) I've seen almost all episodes of the first 2 seasons of "Smallville". Of course this one can only be accomplished at night. This is Jed's favorite show ever. Due to mother & wife responsiblities such as dinner, relaxing in the bathtub, and sleeping, I have missed a few episodes. Jed on the other hand just pauses or stops it when he needs a break!! He got the first 4 seasons for his birthday/Christmas. Believe it or not...Lucas actually will sit through an episode. He must already know that his favorite super hero is going to be "Superman"! Don't tell Jed, but I too am actually enjoying them!

8) I've come to the understanding that I enjoy the end result of being pregnant, but I'm not the biggest fan of the months in between. I don't enjoy this sharp back pain that I get on my lower left side. Sometimes it hurts so bad that I can't move. I would be worried, but it was the same thing with Lucas. With Lucas I was able to hide my growing belly for a long time. I didn't start wearing maternity clothes until mid-September, and I actually had one person at work ask me in November if I was expecting a baby...Lucas was born December 6th. With this pregnancy, I don't think I'll be able to make it through tomorrow without busting out the maternity clothes. Okay...that's a little overexaggerated, but still. I know that with the second, third and so on you start showing/growing a lot earlier! At my first appointment, my doctor came in and said "I think things are looking good for this pregnancy, you've already gained 5 lbs!" Just what you like to hear!! :) I guess it only means the baby's healthy! Don't get me wrong, there are bonuses for being pregnant... I love being able to hear the heartbeat, see the ultrasound, feel the baby move, etc., I guess despite all the things that I'm not to fond of, there are those miracles that happen during pregnancy that make it all worth it in the end!!

**To my future posterity...if you finished this post, you really do love me!
***To everyone else...you can wake up now...my rambling is finished...at least for now!

4 comments:

Aaron.Shara.Abby said...

You have had such a fun and exciting week! I wish so bad I could have spent it with you :)! You are lucky though, I don't know any disney theme songs! Soon enough I guess!

kate said...

CONGRATS!!!

Happy baby to you! I am so happy for you guys!

I love your new banner, I was figuring it out as well too.. you'll have to check out mine!

I envy your posts, I never know what to say... so I never post! I am working on it though!

Anonymous said...

I think you need to get out of the house!
See you soon
MOM

Tawnya said...

Well thank heavens for me and landon that invite you guys over, huh! Thanks for coming and it was fun!