Tuesday, December 19, 2006

let's back up...

My previous post I wrote about the tree that fell. This post is to let you know about the entire weekend. Not that many of you care, but I want to write about it anyways! :)



On Friday Steve & Paulette came up from St. George. They had a wedding to go to on Saturday so they stayed the night with us. It worked out nicely because they were able to watch Lucas while we went to Jed's work party in Lehi. The work party was really nice. The food was yummy & Jed learned that he DOES like Wassil! Mariann & Nathan also came and stayed the night on Friday. It was fun to have them all here.



Saturday we woke up to lots and lots of snow. We were leaving to go up to Honeyville so I could help my mom with some pretzel dipping! Jed got up and shoveled the driveway and walks. After he finished, he got a call from his boss saying he could borrow his snow blower!! Once we started driving, we realized that the snow cloud must have been directly over Springville & Spanish Fork. The farther north we got, the less and less snow. Once we got to Honeyville, the sun was shining with absolutely NO snow! Lucas enjoyed spending time outside with Grandpa. He rode the tractor, fed the animals, and rolled in the dirt. I brought all of his snow stuff so he's staying really warm! That evening Jed and I went in to his cousin Tanae's wedding reception in Brigham.



Now for Sunday... read the previous post for the exciting event during the day! As Jed and I were packing up that evening to leave, he asked if I wanted to stay up here for a few more days. My mom is going to Salt Lake airport on Wednesday to pick up her sister Jeanie and brother Kent. (They are coming from Arizona for a funeral.) I wasn't sure if I should stay, but I did. So that means I'm still here in Honeyville. I know that Jed was prompted to have Lucas and I stay here. On his way home he called me and was in an accident in Salt Lake. The freeway was horrible and he hit black ice and started to spin across the freeway. He hit another car, but luckily everyone was okay. Our car only has a cracked bumber and the other car has a dent where our bumber hit it. Even though it ended up with everyone being okay, you just never know. I am grateful for a husband who listens to the spirit.



That brings us to this week. I received a call from my boss, Danielle, yesterday. My job won't be ending at the end of December. She's not sure how long it will last, it could be February, or it could be June. Whatever it is, I'll take it. I love working for her.

Today Lucas and I are going to go visit Grandma at work (she feeds the kids at elementary) and than hang out in Brigham until she gets off work.

Once I get back to Spanish, I will be packing again. We are leaving on Thursday for our St. George Christmas. I can hardly believe that Christmas is less than a week away. I'm looking forward to watching Lucas enjoy it this year. He's already tried opening presents that DON'T belong to him!

3 comments:

Aaron.Shara.Abby said...

Holy Moly! Look at that snow. I can't believe it. Where is Jed's gloves??? That is a mighty fine beanie and gloves on the little guy. So glad that everyone is okay. Wish I could be up there! Love ya

Chris Grover said...

Whoa, thank goodness Jed is ok! What an interesting few days you guys have had! Life keeps you on your toes, doesn't it!?

acte gratuit said...

Katie,
On my blog I didn't post one of my favorite Nativities! It's the mirror you gave us. I didn't post it because, a) it needs some Windex, and b) it's a mirror and I didn't want to be in the picture!
Just wanted you to know we still have it and love it!!!