Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Birthday Boy!


I love you, I love you, I Looooooooove Youuuuuuu! (sung to the tune of Elf when he see's his father for the first time!) Today is Lucas' 2nd birthday. Time has flown right by. Two years ago, I was sitting in a hospital bed at UVRMC wondering when they would bring my baby to me. (He was born at 3:23 am). I didn't realize I had to request him! It wasn't until about 10:00 that I finally asked a nurse when I would get to see him. It was such a surreal moment to see him and know that he belonged to us. He was and still is perfect! He's so big now that you wouldn't even know that he was born 5 1/2 weeks early and weighed 5 lbs 11 ozs and 17 1/2 inches.

Since his birthday falls on a Wednesday, and we don't really have any family around right now. We won't be doing much. He has a few presents to open, so we'll do that tonight when Jed gets home. I'm hoping to make some cupcakes so that he can blow out his candles (which I forgot to buy, might have to use matches!) We'll make sure to take some pictures and post a little later of his birthday day!

Lucas, we love you so much and are very blessed to have you in our family. You have the cutest personality. Even at 2, you know how to make your mom & dad laugh! We are so lucky to be a part of every milestone that you cross. luuv you!

5 comments:

Chris Grover said...

I CANNOT believe he is TWO! I still remember coming into work that one day and hearing your message that you had had him!! It was so fun having him here for that last year, watching him grow up! It's crazy how much he grows every time I see him! What a little cutie! Happy Birthday, Lucas!

Aaron.Shara.Abby said...

Happy Birthday to You little guy! You aren't so little anymore! You need to come and visit your aunt Shara really soon! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you, little Lucas! You are our favorite grandson!
Love
Grams and Gramps Nic

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday baby boy!! I love you so much. I dont know what we ever did without you here. I cant wait to see you again, hopefully soon. Love your Aunt Nappy!!

Tawnya said...

Love you little guy! Sorry I forgot to call you! You are so special to me! I'm so happy I get to watch you grow up and live by you!