
How is that possible?!
He's started sleeping between 5-6 hour stretches at night which makes me happy! Apparently he's a growing boy cause he stills sleeps a ton during the day too. When he's awake he loves to look around, but isn't to fond of his tummy time! He's developed a good set of lungs over the last week or so, but luckily doesn't use them to often. His brothers adore him and Kody has taken on the role of second mother. He loves to hold him, pat him, rock him, ssshhhsshh him, and shove a binky in his mouth! If it were possible... he'd feed him too!
I offered him his first bottle today and he took it like a champ! He's also adjusted to the "cuter"
binkies. No more big green things.
He's just so darn cute... I'm so grateful he's part of our family.


The (almost) twenty four month old...

He's made us all aware that he'll be two in a couple of weeks. Kody loves to make the messiest messes... and I wish it were just with toys!
Exhibit #1... the other day he woke up from his nap, but I didn't hear him get up. Pretty soon I see him walk out of my bedroom. I could see white stuff all over his lips and shirt. I ran to the bedroom to find he had taken my tube of lanolin cream (for nursing) and 3 tubes of diaper rash cream and frosted my night stand and sheets.
Exhibit #2... he's obsessed with water. It drives me crazy!! He likes to climb on the counter in either bathroom, turn on the water, and dump it on the floor. If we've forgot to lock the doors we know exactly where to find him, usually with a huge puddle or soaking wet carpet
We tried to buy a gate to block off the kitchen, but we can't find one that will fit! It's his favorite room in the house. He can now open the fridge, climb the drawers to stand on the counter, use the water dispenser on the fridge (we now use the lock mode), empty the dishwasher, play with any dishes in the sink and, again... dump out water all over the floor.
I think I spend more time chasing this little boy than I do anything else. I welcome nap time with open arms!
Despite his busy personality he's also one of the sweetest little boys. He gives great hugs and kisses. He loves to have his arm rubbed while he's trying to go to sleep. He can make us smile and laugh all the time. Love you Kody Boy!


The four and a half year old...

I love this little boy. He has so much personality. He can talk you ear off about anything and everything. He's loves to play the Wii and doesn't like that we have to limit his time (or that we use it as incentive)! He's learning that his brother follows his example and some times that doesn't turn out like he wants.
He's been playing Smart Start baseball with his dad, which he completely loves. They teach the fundamentals and rules of teeball and then they get to play a little game. He's improved a lot and his dad even bought him a new bat.
He's currently a big helper with chores and prefers to do 4 since he's 4 years old. Some mornings he loves to surprise me by making his bed right when he wakes up. He still loves to be read to and can recite almost any book back to you. We like to play a game where I start singing a song from a movie and he tells me the movie. He's got quite the list that he can name.

4 comments:
Loved the update and the pictures! "Exhibit #1" is hilarious, and Exhibit #2 reminds me of Tyler--he used to do the same things, and now he mostly sticks to the sprayer on the kitchen sink. Darling family!
Katie you are a darling mother. I can't believe how cute your boys are. I guess we all have to have some good with the bad so just don't get so upset with these little guys it could always be worse. Have lots of patience and remember this to shall pass. Love you guys and thinking of your family alot.
I can't wait to see you in FOUR days!! (I think it's less, but I was being clever :)!!! All of them are growing so quick. All of them so cute!
Four weeks already? Growing like a weed!
Post a Comment