Monday, December 01, 2008

December Already?

Sorry for the lack of blog posts... maybe one day the blogger in me will return!



We hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I know we did. This year we spent Thanksgiving at my parents. We started off the festivities with a birthday party Wednesday night for Reese, who is now 1.



Thanksgiving was delicious, as always! There were 19 of us which made for a cozy dinner. This year Jim, Melanie, Ty, Amanda, Jeff, CJ, Logan & Jeff's parents joined us. We had a great time visiting and enjoying some serious laughs over a came Jess was trying to teach us! Jed & Landon left later that night to head back home. Jed was going to California Friday morning with a few guys from work to the USC game. I missed having him spend the weekend with us, but he said he had a good time.



I'm normally not a Black Friday person, but this year my dad was in the market for a laptop. He woke Tawn & I up at 3:45 to head over to Logan. We had about a 15 minute wait before the doors opened at Best Buy. We didn't get one of the "golden tickets" for the laptops so we decided to try our luck at Walmart. That place is nuts! You have to be crazy to go in there at 5 in the morning!! While we were debating a guy came up and offered us his ticket to for a laptop at Best Buy. He wanted $50 for the ticket, but took $25. We then went back over to Best Buy and stood in line for 2 hours waiting to buy the it! I pretty sure my dad was happy with the outcome!



Friday night we drove down to Willard to visit with my grandparents. Afterwards we drove through the lights at Willard Bay and stopped to see Santa and his reindeer. Lucas, of course, told him the same thing he tells everyone... "I want Christmas lights & a long slide".



Saturday mom mom, Jess, Tawn & I along with Melanie, Amanda & Nancy went to see Twilight. My dad was kind enough to stay home with the 3 kids. We put Kody & Reese down for a nap before we left. The movie was okay, but I thought it was extremely choppy. I was disappointed in the character development and felt there as no rhyme or reason to certain parts. I hope the next one is better, although New Moon was my least favorite book!



The boys are in heaven when they are with their grandparents and could have cared less if I was there! We had a great time spending these last few days with family. I have the best family in the world and I'm so grateful for them. We love you!

3 comments:

kate said...

Sounds like you had a happy weekend... Happy December!

The Perkins said...

It sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving.
As far as Lucas asking for a long slide from Santa, I think you can blame that one on Uncle Shane...he pretty much stuck that in his head when we went to Jumpin Jacks.

Aaron.Shara.Abby said...

You need some Thanksgiving pictures!!