Saturday, December 06, 2008

I have a 4 year old!



Today is our Lucas' birthday! Now that the days pretty much over says it was a great day. We're winding down right now by watching "Kung Fu Panda" and eating Swedish fish! I have a feeling he's not going to make it far before we're carrying him up to bed (or they're carrying me to bed)!

I can't believe it's been 4 years since he surprised us by arriving 4 1/2 weeks ahead of schedule. I was in labor a good portion of the day that Sunday but didn't realize it. I thought I was having braxton hicks. It wasn't until about 11:00 that evening that I started to realize something wasn't right. Jed was already in bed, but I couldn't sleep. I started timing the contractions and I think they were about 3 minutes apart. I woke Jed up and we headed to the hospital. I was shocked when the nurse announced I was at a 9 and we'd be having a baby soon. Lucas Mark entered the world all wound up in the cord at 3:23 am, 3 hours after entering the hospital. It was a definite blessing in our lives to have him come when he did.




He came bounding into our room a little after 7 this morning. I told him happy birthday and he responded with "today is my REAL birthday.... but my feet haven't grown". Um... okay! We let him open his presents in bed. Grandma & Grandpa Valentine stopped by and he was excited to to see them and have more presents to open! We went to lunch at the Pizza Factory and they gave Lucas a pizza shaped like the number 4.

Tonight was our ward Christmas party. Lucas was quite impressed that all those people were there for his party. :) After a little program by the YM/YW and the primary, Santa made an appearance... the perfect present for the birthday boy!

Lucas... we love you and are so glad you are part of our family!

6 comments:

No Buckaroos said...

We love you too and can't believe you're 4 years old! I'm sure you're feet have grown 4 inches today!

Messenger said...

sounds like a great birthday, he is so cute.

Sperry Family said...

Happy Birthday! I can't believe it has been 4 years. I can still remember how tiny he was!

Chris Grover said...

oh my goodness, there's no way lucas is 4! happy birthday buddy!! katie, he's going to be graduating from high school before you know it! he is growing up so fast! what a cutie!

Kimber said...

Happy Birthday, Lucas!

What a cute 4 year old :)

The Perkins said...

Oh, I hope he had a great birthday. It sounds like he did.
I'm counting down the days until you guys get here, can't wait!