We flew down Tuesday night (10:30 pm) and the kids did alright. Our flight was delayed about 45 minutes and then we had to circle around Phoenix because of a lightning and rain storm. Lucas sat by Grandpa Mark(grams was already down there) and pretty much talked his ear off the entire time. He kept asking where the pilot was and the flight attendant brought him so wings to wear on his shirt. He switched my dad seats when we got closer to Phoenix so he could see out the window. My dad asked him what was outside and he replied "A big blue jet carrying watermelons"! Seriously...he's a crack up! Kody was apparently a celebrity on the flight. The two people that sat in front of us called him the "e-trade baby". They thought he looked just like him and were constantly looking back to see what he was doing. I'm not sure they believed us and I'm pretty sure they would have taken is autograph if we had offered!
We stayed with Shara, Aaron & Abby (picture below) at their cute new house. It's a good thing they thought to buy a house big enough to fit an extra 10 people!!

Wednesday morning started off bright and early for me. I did a photo shoot for Aaron's family at 6:00 a.m. I was so much fun doing it and they are such an awesome family. You can check it out here. Later that morning we went on a mom & sister's outing to Cracker's & Co. for breakfast while Jed & my dad watched the 4 children. Lucky for them, we put 3 of them down for their morning nap before we left.


That evening we had a fun get together with my Grandpa & Grandma, the Germaine's and Nyla at Shara's. They grilled the most delicious Carne Asada's (have no ideas how to spell that). Desert was 3 different flavors of homemade ice cream.


(listening to a story that I'm sure had to do with an escalator and a stroller!)

Thursday we went over to grandpa & grandma greats to swim. "Panda" (Amanda), Melanie & the boys had got there earlier that morning. Lucas has so much fun with CJ & "Yoden" (Logan).





That night we had our family pictures taken (see previous post) in the sweltering heat. After pics we all went out to eat at "Texas Roadhouse". My first time eating there. I need to find a recipe for there rolls, they are the best. While we were eating it started to down pour. Glad it waited until after our pictures...that would have been bad! Jed, Aaron & Landon went to the late movie and everyone else went to bed.
Friday was a busy day. We started the morning driving around trying to find the movie theater to drop Jed & Landon off at. That was funny. The rest of us headed out to Chandler to catch up with Amanda and Marsha at a splash park. They kids had a ball. We took the kids to McDonald's to eat and play some more.






A couple hours later we went over to Dennis & Diane's pool to swim with Jed's family. They were down there for the Braves games, which Jed and I were headed to that night. Lucas was getting more comfortable in the water which was so nice. That night, while we were at the game, the went swimming again and he was going under everything...quite the fish.








(The only pictures I took at the game...I'll have to steal from the other blogs!)
Stay tune for Saturday travel log...it's a nail biter!

1 comment:
We had so much fun with everyone down here, but you are right, it was exhuasting! I've needed these 3 days to recouperate. Next time, we are planning for some "down" time
Post a Comment