Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Our Vacation in Lowell Massachusetts...


Inside the mill museum


Riding the trolley.

Our new crocs.

We left for Boston on Tuesday and arrived about midnight Wednesday morning. Shara and Aaron met us at the airport. It was so fun to see them. We went back to their house in Lowell. It's about 45 minutes outside of Boston. I'm not sure which direction though. Since there are no mountains, I could never tell which direction I was going. The streets are so funny. It looks like you go down a bunch of alley's. They are very narrow and they change from two lanes to one lane with out any signs. I'm glad that we had Aaron to drive us around. I wish that my parents and Jessica could have gone, but I think they are planning to go when Shara graduates next June.

Wednesday we toured around their town of Lowell. We went to the Cotton Mills. It was so interesting to see. It's amazing what people use to have to do. We also went inside one of the boarding schools that all the girls use to sleep at. There average work day was about 14 hours a day. That's crazy. So many of the girls were making the money for their families.
We took the trolley around, which was fun and Lucas really liked it. They have tons of different churches back there. They are so old and cool looking. Most of the homes are right on the street. They don't have a front yard. The schools have no grass, it's all cement. The Lowell High School was huge. Shara said that they speak 50 different languages in the high school.

I have lots of posts below...I hope you enjoy the pictures. Sorry if you get bored, but I'm using this as my journal.

2 comments:

Aaron.Shara.Abby said...

It was sooo fun to have you here! We miss you already! Come back soon.

Chris Grover said...

Wow, it looks like you had a GREAT time and saw such cool stuff! I'm jealous! Glad it was so fun for you!