Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

Oh what a day it was!

Jed was put in as 2nd Counselor in our Bishopric this morning.  We were blessed to have Jed's family and my parents here with us.  He's excited to serve with Bishop McGhie & Brother Gallacher.  They are great guys and I know he'll have a lot fun. 

I've pretty much a had a pit in my stomach since Wednesday night when we met with the Stake Presidency.  Pres. Raleigh asked if I would bare my testimony and since then I haven't been able to relax.  I'm not to good at getting up in front of people and probably rambled since I can hardly remember what I said.  I was extremly glad when that part was over!

After Sacrament Meeting his dad ordained him a high priest and then they set him apart as the Counselor.  I know that Jed and our family will be blessed for his willingness to serve.

After church we had a lunch at our house with our family.  The bishop gave Jed a break yesterday and he got to spend the rest of the day with us.  I'm pretty sure that was his one and only "gimmie day"!

Tonight we had a little Valentine party with the Webb's and Bird's.  It's been fun to get together with them on occasion.  The kids had a blast playing with all their friends. 

Unfortunately I have no pictures to show from today, but sufficieth to say... it was a good day!

I'm blessed beyond measure with my wonderful husband and three loving boys....

I LOVE YOU!

2 comments:

Staci Scott said...

WOW! I cannot imagine, the bishopbric! Jed seems way too young for that, but I guess we are getting old huh! You're family will be so blessed, Congrats!

Lisa Summers & Fam said...

Wow that it way neat, what a blessing.