Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Cabin Getaway

We spent this past weekend up at the cabin with Jed's family. This was our first time up there this year. We got up there about 8:30 Friday night. Lucas asked us about every 5 minutes, the whole way, if we were on the shortcut yet. Finally, around Beaver, Jed finally told him we were on the shortcut (even though we were still on the freeway). He couldn't have been happier and it kept him content for the next 20 minutes or so! Thank goodness for DVD players and a 4 year old that loves movies!

It's always nice to relax with no interruptions. The kids had a ball being able to run free and do pretty much what ever they wanted. The weather was perfect until Saturday evening when it down poured. I was glad it held off until we were done playing outside.

Jed and Shane hunted for pine hens and grouse, but in the end just did a lot of walking! They did see one, but it was to far away.


We played horse shoes and I'm pretty sure Jed could have used a different partner! I think I had only 2 throws make it to the pit (and they both happened to be ringers).

Thanks everyone for the great time. We love you!

The road to the cabin.


I look pathetic, but at least it's a family picture!


Horseshoe competition



awww...



Lucas was kept entertained by finding all these orange balls.



Grandma, Kodes and his 100th piece of licorice!


Ryker on our little walk up the road.





2 comments:

Tia said...

those little orange balls are from austen and larson's air-soft guns. Like bbs but not haha ;)

Aaron.Shara.Abby said...

The pictures all have a fallish touch! I love it. My favorite season!