Sunday, May 24, 2009

5 Days or Less!


I'm hoping for less, but at least there is some light coming through the tunnel. The good news is he waited long enough to come so my doctor should be back in town now. Jed's thinking the 26th since we have a 6th and 16th.

I met my mom up in Bountiful Friday afternoon so Lucas and Kody could spend the weekend with them. They were beyond excited. Lucas could hardly wait to play with all the cousins. And I needed a little break to let my patience level rise again!

Thursday afternoon it seemed like one thing after another...

Lucas decided he needed his dominoes, but instead of asking he tried to climb up to get them and pulled one of the shelves out of the wall and sent everything on top of it down to the floor. He was lucky he didn't get hurt. Fortunately it's in a closet... so I shut the door!

About 15 minutes later Kody decided he would get into the dishwasher and chase Lucas with the big butcher knife. I screamed and he tossed the knife aside. Thankful he didn't catch Lucas and didn't trip while running.

And about 15 minutes after that Jed called to let me know his contact was not in his eye. I searched the bathroom but with no luck. He's always losing his contact but luckily we've always been able to find it. Not this time. Fortunately it wasn't the bad eye that he lost so he can still see. His contacts and I have a love/hate relationship!

Since the kids were gone, Jed and I spent much of the day in Provo. Jed was fitted for a new suit. Something he hasn't had since his mission and not necessarily what he wanted for Father's Day! We ate at PF Changs and did a little shopping for the boys for next year, especially Lucas. It was nice to have day with just the two of us. Especially since we're going to be out numbered pretty soon!

But now that it's Sunday, I miss the two little munchkins. They sure know how to make us smile and laugh with there funny personalities.

KODY




  • is finally trying to repeat back words. He could already do mama & dadadada but now he can say "esssse" for Reese and sometimes you can make out Lucas. Every once in awhile you can get his version of grandpa or grandma, but most often he just uses the same sound for everyone.
  • When he nods yes he uses so much neck action I'm surprised he hasn't given himself whip lash.
  • He has the cutest run ever! He has some serious twinkle toes while he runs. I need to get it on video before he stops doing it.
  • One of my absolute favorite things he does is when you pick him up, he'll put one arm around your neck and start scratching or patting your back. I love it!
  • When he's going to sleep he has to be able to play with the little ties on his blanket and have his little puppy next to his head.
  • He won't be our baby for much longer, but is going to be a great big brother (with lots of supervision)!

LUCAS




  • can hardly wait for his brother to come. He asks me almost every morning how many more days. And then he always tells me that's to long. He saw a brand new baby the other day and I think that made him even more excited. I'm sure he'll be a great help to me and the baby.
  • He had his last day of preschool last week (minus the water party this week). He is going to miss it over the summer. He loves Ms. Heather and being with all the kids. He still has one more year of preschool before he'll start Kindergarten... and I'm okay with that!
  • On our way to St. George a few weekends ago we stopped at Walmart in Cedar City. Jed asked Lucas to carry the box of wipes to the car and after carrying them for about 4 steps he turns to me and says "Mom, I can't carry these, my knees are going to give out". I burst out laughing, but he wasn't kidding. I obviously wouldn't want his knees to buckle so I took the box from him!
  • He has a memory like you wouldn't believe and reminded Tawn the other day how he use to be scared of her work (when he was not even 2)! He's always reminding us of things that happened or things that we promised him from a long time ago. Everything that happened in the past (including yesterday) he refers to as last month.

  • He loves to talk on the phone. I find him with my cell phone quite often chit chatting with Jed, Tawn, Shara & Grandma Carole. He knows their programmed # in my phone. He can talk forever about the most random things. It's the funniest thing to listen to. Most likely if they have a missed call on their phone it wasn't from me!

I love these two so much and can't wait for our little guy to meet his brothers! They really are the best Lucas and Kody ever!!

5 comments:

Chris Grover said...

wow, can you believe he's almost here?! i am going to be watching your blog like a hawk, i'm so excited! i'm hoping and hoping that all goes well and that you're holding that little guy real soon! you're SURE to have a cutie, considering those two cute little guys you already have! good luck!!

Lissagerl said...

I had to laugh at your day on Thursday. Only because I have a house full of boys myself and know exactly how it is. The butcher knife, SCARY. And I just had to laugh at Jed. How do you get to work and "think" you lost a contact? lol I didn't hear Kody say a thing tonight, just point and wave. I'll listen intently tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

I too can't believe that you will have 3 boys in no time! Boys are trouble, but they are so cute! It is nice to get a break every once in a while! Good luck with everything!

No Buckaroos said...

Thanks for letting them come! We had a ball (even with no power for a day and a night and a day!!!

Kimber said...

Love the picture of Lucas and Grandpa B.

Good luck while waiting for the new one's arrival :)