Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Lucas Funnies...

Photobucket
(I'm in love with this picture...a normal smile, eyes at the camera, dimple showing...it's a miracle)

Lucas cracks me up! He talks non stop all day long. If there's a quiet moment it's either because he has food in his mouth (and that doesn't always stop him) or he's fallen asleep! Tawn told me the other day I should carry around webcam so everyone can experience Lucas Time. I need to be better about writing the funny things down that he says, but here are a couple.


The other morning he had pushed a chair over to counter so that he could try to reach the candy in the cupboard. As I was telling him that we needed to have breakfast first and the chairs need to stay put, he says (very dramatically) "Mom, don't be embarrassing". WHAT?! He's 3 for heavens sake, and I already embarrass him. He's in for a long life!

After getting after him for being mean to Kody (which he does very secretly), I had him sit by me for a while. Finally he looks at me and says (very dramatically again) "Fine, I'll be nice and healthy".

And just to show what I'm dealing with...
On Sunday evening, I could hear my cell phone ringing, but couldn't find it. As soon as Lucas heard it he knew exactly where it was. He ran into the kitchen, opened the bottom cupboard pulled of the lid to the crockpot, and wah lah...there was my vibrating phone!

11 comments:

No Buckaroos said...

Oh he's a character! He does have a cute little dimple (or dimble!)
Can't wait to see you all.

Denise said...

Holy cute blog header batman!

And who said they didn't do that kind of stuff.

Every stinkin' thing you touch turns to pure gold!

Oh, how I have a bad case of Katie envy right now!

Anyway.

Love your little Lucas quotes. Especailly the embarassing one!

Denise said...

ps. where did you get the elements for header? SO CUTE!

wurtz said...

He's a funny one. Darling picture!

Tawnya said...

My favorite was when he was on the playground and said, "Mom, I feel so alone!" Oh he makes me laugh!

kate said...

Your header is the coolest!!! I too want to know where you got the elements.. and I was so excited when I saw it was a Lucas post.. I love to hear the things he says and does!!

Kimber said...

I'm glad Lucas remembered where he put the phone!

The Perkins said...

He is such good comic relief...oh how I love that little man!

I'm excited to see ya this weekend!

Chris Grover said...

i would love to be a fly on the wall and hear some of the stuff he says! keep writing this stuff down -- it is classic! what a guy!

Anonymous said...

Your little guy is so funny. I laugh every time I read you posts. I love them!

acte gratuit said...

He really does remind me a lot of Max. Doug comment the other morning that he was eavesdropping on Max and I from another room. He said "He really doesn't ever stop talking, does he?" I said "Now you know why I'm so exhausted all the time!!!"