I keep thinking I need to update, but I just haven't had the ambition to do so.
I could tell you how saddened I was by the outcome of March Madness. Don't get me wrong, that game was extremely exciting and I was happy to see Kansas pull out the win, but.... I picked North Carolina and they didn't even make it to the Championship. Jed, however, chose Kansas to win and I now have to take him to dinner! He keeps shouting Red Lobster...
(Jed thinks he needs his bracket posted for all to see. I'll see about getting is scanned in.)
I could also tell you how I finally changed my insurance agent to Spanish Fork. My agent has been in Box Elder county, but he retired so I figured it was time to go local. This was a big accomplishment since I've been meaning to do it for that last six months!
I could mention how I'm so engrossed in a certain blog that I have to check it multiple times a day in hopes of an update (some times they update multiple times a day). I don't even know the people and yet I find myself praying for them. What was once the saddest blog I had ever seen is now one of the happiest. Why am I so drawn to a blog that makes me cry? Jed things I'm crazy, but I have my mom and sisters hooked too.
I could let you know how much I enjoyed conference. At least the parts that I heard when the kiddos weren't occupying the limelight. To keep Lucas entertained, we had him practice saying the names of the first presidency and now he has them memorized. What an amazing man President Monson is. I very much wish I could have seen him wiggle his ears! I think Elder Ballard made mom's around the world smile. It's always nice to be reminded of the influence we have as mothers. We were excited to have my parents come and spend the weekend with us. We love having them come and Lucas is in heaven when we have visitors. We had a nice indoor BBQ at Tawn's. Apparently the weather was not in a cooperating mood and chose to be cold and windy.
Speaking of weather... did you know it has snowed the last couple of days. Not enough to stay, but I'm still bugged! If I had grass I might be grateful for the moisture, but instead it just water logs the dirt. The weekend and into next week is suppose to be fabulous, lets hope. We need to get the rest of the dirt spread so we can plant when the water comes on.
We met Tawnya and Reese at McDonald's yesterday for some much needed, out-of-the-house time. This is actually the first time I've ever taken Lucas to McDonald's. What kind of mother am I?! He went a few weeks ago with Grandma Carole and had blast. Mickey D's didn't disappoint yesterday either. He enjoyed every minute and made lots of friends!
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
Hey!
I am glad that you DID update.
Of course, I know not everyone is as OBSESSED as I am, but oh well.
What blog is it you are reading?
And BTW, I think you are a great mom for NEVER having taken Lucas of McDonalds. We go WAY to much and I've fallen into the BAD mom category because of it.
Miss you.
Yes, you MUST tell us the blog so we can all become obsessed too.
I've never taken my kids to Mickey D's either. Well, outside of Walmart anyway. I want to know about that blog you keep checking. I need to be up on something :)
I'm curious about the blog you're talking about. Conference was great, you're right, especially Elder Ballard's talk, its amazing to me the talks my girls are quiet for are the ones I need most.
Been waiting for a post from you! Snow yuck! I think you are a great mom for no Mickey D's! Conference great and good blog!
Katie,
You have peeked my interest as well. youll have to let me know what blogg your reading..
Being a mother is an amazing thing... always an adventure for sure. I was very thankful for Elder Ballards talk as well.
Take care friend.
Crystal
You're all crazy like me!!
The blog is www.thegledhillfamily.blogspot.com
I've been following their journey since before the baby was born. You'll need to start back at when the she was born to get the full experience...I'm warning you though, tears may flow! What this family has had to deal with and the faith they have is incredible.
Enjoy!
I have times like that too, I will have to check the blog out!!!
Katie,
The minute I read your post I knew you had to be talking about baby Gracie's blog. Did you link to their blog through mine??? I too have been following their story , praying for their family, and have had my testimony strengthened by their faith. Of course thier story hits really close to home for me which made it a tough read some days. I know other babies who have been on ECMO for less time and haven't made it...Gracie is truly a miracle!
Michele
Thanks for your heads-up on the gledhill blog; what strength and appreciation it's given me as I've read it!
oh boy, i am going to have to add another blog to my list -- sounds like a good one!
Post a Comment