He's a character. Sometimes we don't see eye to eye (actually a lot of the time). He's very stubborn when he wants to be and it just about drives me crazy. He is also the most loving little boy in the world. Especially when he's around people he doesn't know very well. He becomes this shy little angel that never makes a peep.
A few things about Kody:
He is absolutely, positively obsessed with any and all things cowboy/horse related! He wants to wear his cowboy boots everywhere. He love LOVES to visit Papa Mark so that he can feed the horses, ride the tractor, and work in the shop fixing & making boots.
He LOVES gum!!!
He likes to put stuff in his pockets (and mouth for that matter). He thinks his pockets were made to store everything... pears, crackers, chips, hot tamales, almonds, toys, phones, etc. He's such a goof.
The other day Lucas said "I like mom best cause she makes us dinner" and Kody says "I like dad best cause he makes wings!" Apparently Jed's Buffalo wings top anything I've ever made!!! And actually, that's about the only thing he'll eat right now. He's going through a weird stage where getting him to eat dinner is near impossible. He'll eat breakfast and lunch just fine. I figured we'd just go with it because if he is hungry he'll decide to eat.
His sunbeam teachers live just around the corner from us and a few weeks ago Bro. McConnell asked Kody if he wanted to go for a motorcycle ride back up to our house. He was already half way down the sidewalk before Bro. M could finish the sentence! There was no way he was going to get on it!! He has a bit of his mom's chicken side for anything that might have a risk factor.
Somedays (actually most days) I feel like I have twin Kody's living in one little boys body. Yesterday, for example, he decided that he (and Ryker) would break my LARGE box of light bulbs all over Ryker's room. Ryker ended up with a scratch, but how neither one of them was seriously cut, I'll never know. Of course I was mad and sent him to his room for timeout while I cleaned up. He left the room while the vacuum was going went downstairs. After I finished cleaning I was walking down the stairs and heard water. I ran the rest of the way down the stairs to find my kitchen floor covered in water. He (and Ryker) were pouring large cups of water all over the floor... for fun! AAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!! And then, I look over at my laptop and see that many of my keys have been popped off. Needless to say, I turned into a mad woman and he spent some time alone in his room!
He loves to sit with his dad at night and watch tv. Most of the time he'll fall asleep before we can get him to bed. I'm sure his busy days just tucker him out!!
I can't believe he's going to be 4 in just a few months. I love this little boy more than anything and wouldn't trade him or his hugs for the world. Even if he tries my (very sparce) patience level.

3 comments:
I know I wouldn't be laughing quite as hard if he were mine, but oh, what a cute, inquisitive personality! Hope things are going well for you!
Love that Kody Boy!
So cute that Kodes!
Post a Comment