Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Oh how I struggle with blogging...

I don't know why it feels like such a chore to do!  It make me sad to think of all the things I keep meaning to put on here, yet I never do and now I've forgot half of them.  Hopefully I can take a day soon and go back and fill in the last month with a few things that we've done.

Here's what's happening in our neck of the woods....

Jed is still looking for a job.  It's a slow, tedious, and an annoying process!  He's taking any and all suggestions, so if you know of a place, let him know.  He's spent a lot of time up at my parents the last couple of months helping them remodel their kitchen.  It's all but done and I'm excited to see it when we go up there in a few days.  You can see pictures on my moms blog.

Lucas is LOVING school.  He's definitely our academic child who likes to learn.  He's very concerned about homework and making sure we complete it the minute he walks through the door.  The only thing interfering with homework would be friends.  He loves to play... nonstop!  He has his two friends on our street, Kyle and Mason, and they are inseparable.  Although I think they are starting to fight more like brothers... we may have to start limiting time!

Kody is still a piece of work!  He's pretty much in trouble all the time, but never ceases to amaze me with the kinds of things he thinks up.  His current obsession is Lonesome Dove and Return to Lonesome Dove.  All 12 hours!!  I tell ya, if I have to watch anymore of that show, I just might go looney.  He'll sit on his dad's lap and not move.  We've tried other westerns, but he's not interested.  I think it's cause the cows and horses are pretty much in every scene during the entire show.  I am happy that it keeps him entertained and confined for a little while.  One of my favorite things he does right now is put "my" in front of mommy.  So he'll say "night my mommy" or "help my mommy" (when he needs help).  I love it!  He's now potty trained with very few accidents.  Oh Happy Day!

Ryker (aka class clown) thinks he's a crack up!  We think so too.  He loves to act silly and make silly faces.  He talks none stop although not much is recognizable yet.  He can say mama, dada, and YA (very blunt and loudly) when he wants something.  He does know the signs for more, please & thank you.  I love this stage, where they aren't quite old enough to get in trouble, but they like imitate everything you do.

As for me, well, I'm still doing the same thing... chauffeur, work, clean, laundry... oh and I learned to make bread.  And now I'm addicted to making bread... Mmm good!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Love the update! You have such a cute family. I hope Jed can find something soon! :)

No Buckaroos said...

Wow an update! So fun to have you up for a couple of days - thanks for all the help with our kitchen.