Think of the busiest 3 year old you know… multiply it by 100… and now you have Kody! Yesterday I walked up stairs and could smell something burning. Instantly I turn to Kody and ask what he’s been doing. He takes me to the iron, which he so carefully set back on the shelf. Unfortunately he set in direct contact with a plastic container that was melting! That it explains the smell, but why is the iron HOT! He took me to Ryker’s room where proceeds to show me everything he’s ironed. Ryker’s pants, a pillowcase and a swim diaper. That would explain the junk all over the bottom of the iron now. But he’s proud as punch at his accomplishment. And surprisingly he only had a minor burn on his thumb.
A few of his sayings right now are…
- Me oh tay (when he falls of his bike or does anything that could result in injury)
- Me towboy (We get this all the time. I’m now trying to turn it back on him with potty training… Cowboy’s don’t pee in their underwear!)
- Me wite it, but… (he says this for just about anything he doesn’t want to eat)
He’ll be starting speech therapy again in a couple of weeks and hopefully he’ll be able to get the “K” sound again. I’ve been awful at working with him during the summer. But it sure makes his speech cute, even if it is wrong!
We’ve been working on potty training for the past couple of weeks. This is so not my favorite thing! Luckily he’s poop trained (he did that all himself). Now if I could just be consistent in potty training. He was doing really good until he headed up to Honeyville last week. With Jed and I working on my parents kitchen all the time, I wasn’t very good at reminding him. We started a sticker chart today so hopefully it’ll be a little bit more incentive. When he fills the chart up, he gets to spend the night at Tawn’s so he can ride horses!

6 comments:
Your boys are so cute!! I love it!
Oh my goodness! Can't wait to see what's next!
Just let him pee outside!
Goodness me you have your hands full Katie! They are the cutest boys..how do you even get mad at Kody? He melts my heart he's so cute! FYI sometimes your dentist can clip the tongue too. An ENT is probably best, but a DDS can for sure tell you if it needs to be done or not. Good Luck...that's not a fun one :(
I love the way they talk, my Ty does the same thing with his k's but I'm not too worried about it yet.
And the potty training about killed me with the first 3. With Ty it's kind of been an on going asking him if he wants to go in the potty and telling him that babies wear diapers and he's a big boy but we haven't ever made him start. This has been going on over that last 9 months. Any way now that we are in our house I put the potty chairs in the bathroom and asked him again and he said no. Well last week I found the bag of under ware in a box and I was very excited and said "Ty look what mommy found, your big boy under wares" And he said "They have motorcycles!!!" so I said do you want to wear them and he said YES I'm a big boy! So we put them on and I said okay you have to tell mommy if you have to go potty. So the first couple of times I took him so he learned what that meant and then the first time he pooped he called and said "mom I have to go potty" so I was on my way to help him... well there was a trail of poop from the kitchen to the front door so I didn't get mad I just laughed and said "Ty you need to tell mommy first and then poop in the potty" and he said OHHHH! LOL This all started last Wednesday and yesterday he started telling me he could do it all by himself and doesn't need my help. We haven't had any more poop accidents and only 2 pee ones. Anyhow I'm not telling you this story to tell you what to do but maybe for something to look forward with your last. LOL It took me three to finally realize that it wasn't worth my time to get mad and scream and yell, (not that you do that lol ) :) Fun Times!!
You gotta love the energy of a 3 year old. My little guy is the opposite of yours in the potty training spectrum, he pretty much trained himself to go potty in the toilet (he even stays dry at night), but it is the pooping that he hasn't gotten down. I have to catch him "hiding" and get him on the toilet or he has a mess and I am not as nice about it as I should be. I guess the moral of the story is that 3 year old boys will be boys! Your boys are so cute!
Wow Katie, you've got your hands full. The ironing story about scares me to death, I'll have to put my iron higher! He must be pretty darn smart if he only had a minor burn. Kids are amazing!
Post a Comment