Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Little Things...

Must have been a boring conversation...





I'll start with the littlest first.

Baby is set to arrive in 30 days or less. He's extremely active and as I type my stomach is moving in all directions. I have a constant foot or knee that likes to poke out my right side. I had a dr. appointment yesterday and learned Dr. G will be out of town from the 13th - 23rd. Should he come during that time, his backup (also his daughter) is great too. She delivered Kody cause he was out of town then too! I still don't have a single package of diapers for this little addition and I've yet to get out the baby clothes... I probably should start working on that soon!! If this were Lucas, he would have been here yesterday.... CRAZY!

Kody developed Hand, Foot & Mouth this past week. I noticed some blister looking bumps on his feet. I figured they must have been mosquito bites... until they started multiplying. It was quite gross. They also started showing up on his hands and bum. Lucas had this a couple of years ago, but his was more in his mouth with a bad fever and and couldn't eat. Luckily Kody by passed the mouth sores and had no problem eating or drinking. There is nothing you can do for it but wait. I should have taken a picture to gross you all out, but now the bumps are about gone. Maybe next time!

Kodes has made the transition from crib to single bed. He was officially climbing out of his crib and that just makes me nervous. The first few days were a bit rough, but since then he's been doing really well. I have to stand at the door with it almost closed so that I can watch him for a few minutes. He tries to sneak out, but as soon as I open the door he lays right back down. Pretty soon he's sound asleep. For a few days he would fall asleep on me before he made it to bed (note picture above), but I'm not fond of that habit. As much as I like to cuddle with him, I want him to fall asleep in his own bed. The whole transition has worked better than I thought it would.

Lucas told me the other day in the car... "Mom, you're not taking good care of me". I asked "Why?" And his reply "Well, I'm hungry." (and he wanted pizza)! Jed looked at me and laughed... cause apparently it's mom's fault if he's hungry. Jed took Lucas' side since he wanted pizza too!

While looking at the fish the other day in Walmart, Lucas asked if he could have a pet fish. I said, "no". "Can I have a pet dinosaur?" Yes, Lucas... because a dinosaur will take up much less room than the fish!! Silly boy! He's also asked for a hippo and an elephant when Rocky dies.

Lucas has moved into his own room now (was the spare bed). We're still in the process of organizing and dejunking, but it's looking much better. He loves it. Lucky for us, he's a deep sleeper and can sleep anywhere so when we have company he gets booted from his bed.

He's almost done with his first year of preschool. I can't believe it. He absolutely loves it and I have feeling he's going to miss seeing his friends during the summer. He loves Ms. Heather and will be going back next school year. He's a little smarty pants and can remember every detail of every event that has happened is life... and I'm not kidding!

As for Jed and I we've been busy... doing what, I'm not sure... but nonetheless, we're busy! I've spent a lot of time organizing the bedrooms and rearranging. We took a bunch of stuff to the DI and still have a bunch of stuff to go. How is it possible to have so many toys!!?? Jed and my dad reorganized the garage last Saturday. It looks so much better. It'll be nice once we have a shed (probably years from now) to put stuff in, but for now... it's an organized pile of stuff!

The flower beds are weeded and ready for some much needed color. Jed mowed the lawn for the first time this year. Some spots were so long, we probably should have brought in goats first since the mower was having some issues getting through it. Our park strips are in need of some TLC... I think we'll just drench them in "Kill-Zall" and call it good for another year!! We've about talked ourselves into making them straight concrete... sounds good to me!

I still have so much to do/clean, and yet, here I sit typing this blog. Lets hope no one knocks on the front door!

7 comments:

Denise said...

thanks for the update Katie. it's good to hear what's going on...even if it's just cleaning (or blogging as the case may be).

Aaron.Shara.Abby said...

An update, good gracious me! I can't wait until that little boy arrives, that means it's only that much closer for me!

Kimber said...

Thanks for the update, and good luck in getting ready for the new arrival :)

acte gratuit said...

Dear Katie,
I was just checking Google Analytics and realized something. I used to get tons of hits on my blog by way of your site. Now I get none. Why does your family hate me? WHERE DID I GO WRONG!?!?!?!?

P.S. Congrats on surviving another pregnancy. Take it from me. The chaos level stays pretty much the same. From here on out, you can have 1-6 extra boys at your house and the mess will be pretty much the same. Good luck!

Jamie said...

Thanks for the update. It's so exciting to only have that much time left!

The Birds said...

Even though it's a lot of work, I LOVE dejunking! Just reading all you've been up to makes me exhausted! But, I do remember with both Madalyn and Cassi that there's always those big projects that MUST get done before baby arrives! Let me know if I can help you with any reunion stuff. Can't wait for baby #3 to make his appearance!
~Chandi

Lisa Summers & Fam said...

Good luck, I felt the same way with this last pregnancy. I had nothing ready until the night before, except I washed baby clothes the week before. Hopefully things will go really well!!